B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

DDMTUNING HID Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:12 PM
1st Gear
Default DDMTUNING HID Install

Just wanted to share my DDMTUNING HID kit install. And the light out-put you can get from this HID kit. I got no error codes with this kit. I installed this kit on my lowbeams and foglights. I used the 6000K hid bulbs. And I used there slim ballast kit. I made custom plexi glass covers for the headlights. And I mounted the hid ballast for my foglights to the foglight grill.

Name:  IMG_1102.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1109.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  122.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1111.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1113.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1115.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1116.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  145.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  FrontHIDShot.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1122.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  63.5 KB

Old 11-28-2011, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Any additional info on the removal of the light housings or how you made the plexiglass covers? I'm waiting for my kits to arrive and any help would be much appreciated.
Did you use the error code eliminators? I'm installing on an 04 A4.
Thanks

Old 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Smemc5
Any additional info on the removal of the light housings or how you made the plexiglass covers? I'm waiting for my kits to arrive and any help would be much appreciated.
Did you use the error code eliminators? I'm installing on an 04 A4.
Thanks
I have listed some sites below that, I used as reference in installing my DDMTuning HID kits. These links should give you all the info you need. And for the fog light install. It is up to you if, you want to cut the OEM connector and solder the HID wires to it. I just used the HID connector and connected it to the Audi OEM wire. As for the error code eliminators, I did not install any on my car. I have heard that it is a hit or miss kind of thing. Some cars will give you the error code and some don't.

Front Headlight Removal:
:: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library

HID Front Headlight Install Links:
Slimline HID Ballasts -now fitted in Headlight

Fog Light Removal Info:
AudiWorld Tech Articles

HID Plate/Just print out and apply to your plastic or metal sheet and cut to spec:
B6 A4 HID Install - AudiWorld Forums

Old 11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

xalents23,
Thanks for taking the time to compile and post all these resources. You guys all make it look so easy! I can't wait for my DDMTuning HID kits to arrive. I'm really looking forward to having HID lights on my car.

Last edited by Smemc5; 11-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

I just installed both of my DDM HID kits today (fogs and low beams) and it took maybe 1 hour to do all four lights. THe kits really are plug and play wich is nice BUT I am getting some errors but none are bulb out errors. I am just having the ESP TC and brake light idiot lights coming on unless I turn the headlights on befor I start the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xalents23, I like the 6000K on all four. I decided to go with 5000K LB and 3000K fogs since I drive in the snow quite a bit. Good info posted

Old 12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BlackRingedB6
I just installed both of my DDM HID kits today (fogs and low beams) and it took maybe 1 hour to do all four lights. THe kits really are plug and play wich is nice BUT I am getting some errors but none are bulb out errors. I am just having the ESP TC and brake light idiot lights coming on unless I turn the headlights on befor I start the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xalents23, I like the 6000K on all four. I decided to go with 5000K LB and 3000K fogs since I drive in the snow quite a bit. Good info posted

You will need the DDMTUNING Error Code Eliminator. Or you can just turn off everything in your car and then restart it again. Then turn on your lights again. The TCS light will stay on until you turn your car off an start it agian later on. But, this is just a temporary fix. You will need the Error Code Eliminator to total get rid of the error codes.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by xalents23
You will need the DDMTUNING Error Code Eliminator. Or you can just turn off everything in your car and then restart it again. Then turn on your lights again. The TCS light will stay on until you turn your car off an start it agian later on. But, this is just a temporary fix. You will need the Error Code Eliminator to total get rid of the error codes.

Oh he error code eliminator get rid of ALL errors? I thought it just got rid of the bulb out errors, which I dont have.

Shoot and I just got off of the phone with DDM lol

Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

So I just spoke with DDM tech support and he told me that it is most likely EMF from the ballast and to try to options 1Move the ballast and see if it fallows or 2. Wrap the ballast in foil to block the EMF that the ballast is emitting. Ill try both and post an update...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:29 AM
1st Gear

Did you mount the ballasts underneath the headlight assembly in the place where the OEM ballast would be if the vehicle had factory HID lights? If you did do you remember what size self tapping screw you used? I am anticipating the arrival of my kits today and will most likely install them today.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Smemc5
Did you mount the ballasts underneath the headlight assembly in the place where the OEM ballast would be if the vehicle had factory HID lights? If you did do you remember what size self tapping screw you used? I am anticipating the arrival of my kits today and will most likely install them today.
I used six 4x12 self tapping screws per side. So, you will need a total of x12 screws.

Quick Reply: DDMTUNING HID Install