B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

coolant issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear
Default coolant issue

does anyone know if there is some kinda line that goes from the coolant box to the front right side of the car because i have a leak and i dont know were its coming from. the reason why i think its the coolant is because i keep having to fill it up everyday i checked for a crack but didnt find anythig. i was thinking that it might be a loose hose or something i really dont know i am going to take it to a place called firestone so they can put it on that thing that pickes the car up so they can look at it. i was also thinking that if that is the problem.....that might me the reason why i sometimes see steam come from the front right side of my car. i have seen post about the mystery steam but no one knows were its coming from and what miht be causing it.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Administrator
Default RE: coolant issue

i bet its the crappy coolant flange behind the engine
i had it replaced already
it seems to be a comoning thing

it looks like this and its behind the engine close to the fire wall

Old 03-10-2008, 06:19 AM
1st Gear

was that little piece draining all of your coolant out of your car? were did you take it to get it fixed how much do you think it will cost?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 AM
4th Gear

i hear its alot to get fixed. upwars of 200$ But they say its a diy. I have the same problem steam coming out of the right side of engine. If u look towards the back of the engine a little to the right and down of the cat converter u might see where the leak is occuring and thats where ur flange is that needs replacing. at least thats where mine is.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

ok but does this piece have anything to do with the coolant at all? cuz i have to keep refilling my coolant everyday

Old 03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Administrator

yes its the it has something to do wit the cooland, its called COOLANT FLANGE
im sayin it might be the problem but not sure, it is a common thing for audis casue the stupid O ring fails, just look behind the engine and check if the flange is covered wit red stuff

ORIGINAL: silveraudib6

ok but does this piece have anything to do with the coolant at all? cuz i have to keep refilling my coolant everyday

Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

ok heres what happened i took it to a machanic they checked i out and it turns out to be my radiator there charging 600 to replace it. they told me there was some leaking abound the frnt of the radiator on the right. thats were the steam was coming from. so i took it to the dealer and they want 745.50 to replace it. so now my car is just sitting at the dealer because they charge to even look at it. so i dont know if i should let them do it or try to find someone else to get it fixed.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 PM
4th Gear

do u see any coolant dripping on the floor? i would have figured u would see the coolant leak if it were up near the front of the car?

Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

yah i saw the coolant leaking

Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Administrator

did u check the coolant flange

Quick Reply: coolant issue