B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Coolant Flange

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the replies guys finally took the flange off. i took that oem clamp out sing screwdriver and pliers.
When i took it off there was a big hole in the flange .
I didnt have the part yesterday so i couldnt put it on but i am going to dealer right now to pick one up ,
Any suggestions how i should put it on ... I am planning on putting the sensor in place before i put the flange in and then put the flange in and 2 two screws and then i will do the bottom hose with regular clamps .
then he side hose and rest should be pretty straight forward.

thanks

Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ultraslan
thanks for the replies guys finally took the flange off. i took that oem clamp out sing screwdriver and pliers.
When i took it off there was a big hole in the flange .
I didnt have the part yesterday so i couldnt put it on but i am going to dealer right now to pick one up ,
Any suggestions how i should put it on ... I am planning on putting the sensor in place before i put the flange in and then put the flange in and 2 two screws and then i will do the bottom hose with regular clamps .
then he side hose and rest should be pretty straight forward.

thanks
Make sure you put a new O-ring with the sensor
It is also prudent to have a spare retaining/circlip at hand as they break very easily. O-ring and circlips don't cost much.
Other than the above how you put it back depends on what you find as easy for you. Just don't forget to charge the cooling system. LOL!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dunanga
Make sure you put a new O-ring with the sensor
It is also prudent to have a spare retaining/circlip at hand as they break very easily. O-ring and circlips don't cost much.
Other than the above how you put it back depends on what you find as easy for you. Just don't forget to charge the cooling system. LOL!
i just used the old seal . even tho i bought a new one =/ .