B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

CARBON FIBER ENGINE DRESSUP

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Default CARBON FIBER ENGINE DRESSUP

Besides an Engine Cover and Intake Cover for the Audi A4 1.8.... Whatelse is out there as far as Carbon Fiber Engine Dressup or just in general... different dress up kits?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CARBON FIBER ENGINE DRESSUP

Nothing else for the engine... But a lot of other CF stuff.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:23 PM

where can i find more carbon fiber pieces at?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 PM

I didn't know there was a CF cover for the stock intake box, but I have the Carbonio intake and that's CF, and a Carbonio CF engine cover. ECS makes one of those, too, but it doesn't have the cooling vent/slots in the top like the Carbonio does,so I'd worry about heat build up around the coilpacks with that one.
Greg and Mikeon audizine.com (400hpa4) are making a CF driver's side engine bay cover that comes off of the RS4 but fits perfectly in the B6 A4. It's sweet, but only prototypes are out just yet. It covers the whole empty driver's side of the engine bay.
Search over there for pics of it. There are a few of us on the wait list for that one.
Those guys also make CF pillars and CF bumper covers, and of course Winston (mchammered) has the whole interior CF trim kit on the market as well.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM

What year of the RS4 does that engine cover come off of? Is there any pictures of it? Ive searched but couldnt find anythign on it on AUdiZine

Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM

http://shop.dthaus.com/product.sc?ca...p;productId=60

Lots of CF stuff there, too. Greg is one of the OG people over at AZ and that stuff is easily findable on a search.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

here is the cover for the right side of the engine over on AZ:

Name:  DSC00971.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  94.3 KB

Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Oh ok... so thats the same cover off of a B6 3.0 then. I have a 3.0 that my girl drives and it looks exactly the same. Im going to pull it off later tonight and see if it fits.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: bustanut

Lots of CF stuff there, too. Greg is one of the OG people over at AZ and that stuff is easily findable on a search.

actually... forget it. im not going to swap out the one from my 3.0><><><><>< i just bought it off of that site you gave me. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: jamesfreeman86

ORIGINAL: bustanut

actually... forget it. im not going to swap out the one from my 3.0><><><><>< i just bought it off of that site you gave me. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem. Just an FYI, the RS4 and the 3.slow are not the same cover. The RS4 fits different and in the molding Greg/Mike took out a couple holes that the 1.8t doesn't need as well.
And, they won't have them to ship until this Friday. So other than me, you'll be getting one of the first in CFoff the the line.

Here is a small pic; I know Greg posted a large one on audiworld.com a week or so ago. I just don't feel like searching for it.

Quick Reply: CARBON FIBER ENGINE DRESSUP