B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Brand new to Audi's, Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Default Brand new to Audi's, Please help!

Hello everybody, brand new to this forum and figured i would stop in and say hello, and ask for some help.

So here is my situation:
Have always loved Audi's but never thought i could afford a decent one. I graduated college worked for a year and even moved out to LA and FINALLY i found one that was within my price range, And totally fell in LOVE! It was a 2003 Audi 1.8T Quattro with 51,700 miles. Now I bought this car for 19k. Originally i was afraid because this car has 51+K and wasnt a certified car. But then i found out that this car had only had 1 owner and it was a lease. This car was a lease to Keyes on Van Nuys(local SFV dealersip). They had service records for everything on this car, Previous owner took GREAT care of the car. The dealership had records for the 10k,20k,30k,40k, and 50 k maintenance they did on this car. (i know this is definately not as good as a certified car, but under the circumstances and my budget, i figured this is good as i might be able to get with a car without warranty)

Everything has been done under the supervision of the dealership. Only repairs that i thought might be worth looking at was, they replaced the Valve Gasket, and the Machine Rotors, and replaced sunroof relay switch. Other then that it was all oil changes,air filters, and normal stuff...

Now this is where my question comes in...I have done the check on the cluster of the car, and everything comes back ok... Car runs smooth, brakes even better, and im just totally in love. But in my LCD screen i see a warning... This is the best way i can describe it... Its a 3 wavy lines with an arrow above the lines and an arrow below the lines (pointing in the sequential direction). To the right of these 3 wavy line with arrows i see a cirlce (almost union looking thing) with an exclamation mark in it....Anybody have an idea what this could be? Anything big i should be worried about. Either way im stuck with the car and totally Love it, but would want to know what that is as to not do damage on the car...

Also i know the next big tune up on this car is 60k, i plan on conitnuting the tradition, and will be taking it to the same dealership, but does anybody know what is done at 60k and how much i should expect to pay...

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks and im a proud AUDI owner.....HA look at me now boys!

ohh yea forgot to add this car has a sports package, and has brand new tires! woo hoo!

Old 09-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Brand new to Audi's, Please help!

do u have the owners manual of not here
and we have a SoCal GTG this sunday the 24th feel free to come if u like
https://www.audiforums.com/m_331788/tm.htm

but it looks like ur auto dimmer control, this is a bad sign casue it might mean they removed ur headlights, but why would they remove ur headlights
but maybe it just threw a stupid code and all i have to do is erase it with a Vag-com

Old 09-22-2006, 04:22 AM

So is this real bad or not? Shouldnt affect the engine driving wise right? How would you recommend about troubleshooting this? Could it be that just one of my headlights or foglights is burned out? Any info that you could provide, that maye i could do without having to take it into the dealer because i know they will charge alot....

Old 09-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Administrator

which icon is it, so i know for sure which one

Old 09-22-2006, 05:17 AM

Its the one that says "Dynamic Headlight Dimmer Control" icon....also when it runs through the check i see "Headlight/Tailights Malfunction" icon also, but that one doesnt stay on it just runs through it... the only one that stays on my LCD is the first one...All my lights work, my headlights rearlights and all that so...Any info would really be appreciated... i was reading up on this, and from what i read it will more then likely be a leveling sensor....these expensive? hard to replace? anything else i should look into with this warning...thanks again...

Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Administrator

it just means ur headlights dont auto level
it might be the headlight motor or some wires
but i bet its just a stupid error code u have to clear

Old 08-04-2014, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

I have the same warning yellow sign on my 2004 A6 quatro 3.0. My sign is permanent. It does not go away. How do you clear the code without a vag-com?
Thanks