B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

boost gauge install help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Default boost gauge install help

So i have almost finished my boost gauge install but i have run into a few problems. The first being the lighting issue. I have tapped into the blue/gray dimmer wire in the headlight switch and also into the headlight switch ground and the gauge wont light up, everything else functions normally. I used wire taps for 16 and 18 gauge wire, is this the right size to be using??

the second is mounting it. i got the ecs steering column pod and theres no way it was made for the audi. the best fitment i could get was to have it just set ontop of the stock column piece, i think i may just tape it down like that unless yall can offer any advice. how is it supposed to attach?? the screws underneath dont have anything to thread into??

btw this is the omoni ecs gauge kit i purchased used off the forums, its in really good shape, it just wont line up or light up. if anyone has any pics that ARE NOT OF THE PODI it would be apprecitated if they were posted.

barrett

Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: boost gauge install help

did you make sure your crimp pierced the sheething? i know with t taps sometimes they dont penetrate the wire. as far as the wire goes your hooked up to the right power, i used the ground by the fuse box so maybe try that instead. thats all i can tell you for your light issue as far as the column pod, try searching on here or aw or az. hope i helped somewhat

Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM

TTT

Does anyone know the size of the wire?? I guess i can go out and check but its too cold (50*). I really hope the LED is not out cause thatll be a huge PITA.

On a side note i seem to boost instantly to 8 psi in any gear and hold it well, as well as the k03 can. I have a hpmbc that i plan on putting in this week before i diode just to get a feel for it. I am not going to up the boost any, maybe a psi or two, i just want to see if the mbc has a quicker spool and holds a hair longer as people claim.

Lastly, anyone know how to keep the ecs column pod in place?? Im really close to just using double stick tape, attaching over hte OEM piece. Sad, but thats the way i got the best fit. STILL WANTING PICS.

Ill be sure and post some when its a little more complete.

barrett

Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: texasboy21

the second is mounting it. i got the ecs steering column pod and theres no way it was made for the audi. the best fitment i could get was to have it just set ontop of the stock column piece, i think i may just tape it down like that unless yall can offer any advice. how is it supposed to attach?? the screws underneath dont have anything to thread into??

i hate to be an ******* but HA HA HA- there has been so many threads about people saying how they wouldnt "waste" that kind of $ on a PODI and how ECS was the way to go.. but my PODI fit right up, matched perfectly and looks OEM>.. everytime i cheaped out on this car, it cost me 2x more to do it right

Old 03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
4th Gear

Yeah man you need to make sure you crimp it all correctly. I did my Podi install on Friday, done perfectly.. It also tapped into the blue/grey wire then grounded it down where Winston suggested. None of Winstons wires reached for me, (On his brand new gauge) But I got some speaker wire, and made magic happen with my friend. We also tested the light, it worked.. then we cleaned it all up was installed went to turn on the light.. and it didn't work. Turned out the light bulb somehow came out, but now its all gravy. So check that I guess.

And yeah since you're stock spiking 8PSI sounds right. I'm REVO, I spike 21-22 and hold 18 until late in the powerband then drop to 12-14. I love it.

Also, you are removing the stock piece before you try to fit the ECS piece over it correct? You need to unclip the stock piece from the carpet like material then put in the new one. Or at least thats what Podi has you do.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Well im laughing at you cause you spent slose to 8 times more than i do so..........

And no as of now i have it mounted over the OEM column piece, it fits a million times better with it on than with it off. Ill try to post these pics i just took.

Name:  PIC-0012.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  PIC-0011.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  PIC-0010.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  71.4 KB
Name:  PIC-0009.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  65.5 KB

lets see if these worked

barrett

Old 03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear

Yes thats exactly why im laughing, i paid 8x more than you (actually probably not but anyway) and mine looks 100x better and doesnt mount over the stock piece AND doesnt block any part of my MFA display... but its kewl, its your car, that was pretty harsh of me

i used one of those crimp splicer clip things and i had to redo it because it didnt get a good bite the first time

Amze,
did u have the boost gauge before the revo flash? i did and its so funny to see it spike over to 23/24 now, mine holds about 20/21....... stock is just pathetic once you are chipped thats why im so glad i didnt get the stock program too..... i would NEVER ever use it

i used to be like yeah bitches, 8 lbs of boost! now im thinking ****! im down to 15 lbs, time for the next gear

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

Yes thats exactly why im laughing, i paid 8x more than you (actually probably not but anyway) and mine looks 100x better and doesnt mount over the stock piece AND doesnt block any part of my MFA display... but its kewl, its your car, that was pretty harsh of me

i used one of those crimp splicer clip things and i had to redo it because it didnt get a good bite the first time

Amze,
did u have the boost gauge before the revo flash? i did and its so funny to see it spike over to 23/24 now, mine holds about 20/21....... stock is just pathetic once you are chipped thats why im so glad i didnt get the stock program too..... i would NEVER ever use it

i used to be like yeah bitches, 8 lbs of boost! now im thinking ****! im down to 15 lbs, time for the next gear
Yeah that gauge looks like ***, I agree. And lol @ it fitting better over the OEM piece.. mine is literally flush and looks right, your's looks bad. No offense, just my opinion.

And no I didnt, I never had to watch the pathetic stock boost! Revo fooo life

Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Well i paid $35, and i know you didnt pay anything close to that.

Does the podi have a place for the factory screws to thread into?? If not how did you attach yours??

barrett

Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: texasboy21

Well i paid $35, and i know you didnt pay anything close to that.

Does the podi have a place for the factory screws to thread into?? If not how did you attach yours??

barrett
Yes it does.

Quick Reply: boost gauge install help