B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Best Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Best Wax?

Lots of very clean Audi pics on here I am assuming someone has some advice on a really good wax.
I usually have my car detailed professionally but since I am so **** I usually end up touching up things they miss on my own so this time I am saving $$ and doing in myself.
I live in Las Vegas where the sun is pretty intense. I noticed a little oxidation on my hood so I am looking for a really great wax that will bring it to a shine and last a good while.
Thanks all~

[IMG]local://upfiles/44655/4235D93333B1441D9B3F27DC5466F8FD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Default RE: Best Wax?

You should go do some reading in the detailing forum. I'm assuming you know just a coat of wax won't take care of oxidation. I like menzurna, natty's and 1zEnzite(sp?)
This website has a really good detailing section.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30

Old 04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
6th Gear

I use and love Zaino wax http://www.zainostore.com/, but some people here have not liked it in the past, I think it lasts a long time, looks amazing, and while does take some time to do, is worth the results.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

I use Meguiar's, but the secret is to do it whenever it's needed. I always hand wash and wax my own car. But the best thing to save your car in hot sunny places is a car cover. Protects rubber, paint and keeps the interior temp down.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Thanks all. Yes, the oxidation is being taken care of via the dealer but I just wanted the best wax for protection in the future. I think the dealership was using a very low grade wax just to make it look good for a few days. Once this detail is done, it's going in the garage and under a car cover for a few months. I also have a Jeep Wrangler that I drive in spring here in Vegas before it gets to hot!
Thanks again!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

I have A LOT of work to do on my Audi... go to www.autopia.org for all the information you need on detailing.

I would recommend using Klasse AIO (all-in-one) and Klasse sealant glaze. AIO is so easy to prep the car for the sealant... just wipe on and off (chemical based). I do find this to be more of a maintenance product to use every 6 months or so... but if you have never had your paint "prep-ed"... wash your car, clay bar your car, spot treat scratches and swirls (or just go over with AIO), then follow up with a good sealant, two coats. Your car will POP!!

Once it gets warm out here (north east) I will be repainting my grilles from red (done by the previous owner) to black, filling in chips, scratches, getting rid of the swirls, and repainting the wheels… I plan on taking pictures of the whole process and will post my work... I am exhausted just thinking about it all.