B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Audi A4 B6 Air Bag Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 B6 Air Bag Warning Light

Hi,
I have a Audi A4 B6

When I start the car the Airbag light comes on for the first few minutes of driving and then goes off. It flashes occasionally during driving but does not stay on continuously.

Any ideas why this may be?

The previous owner says it started that after he let the battery run completely flat.

Could this have caused an error? Is there any way to reset it?

Thanks in advance for comments

Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
1st Gear

wow so many CEL I would say your car is a ticking bomb XD but on a serious note, did all that was on when you bough the car ? Just makes me wonder, since I wouldn't get near an audi that has soo many CEL's

Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear

as far as i can remember, air bag lights in vw/audis are usually due to a bad sensor in the seats, but it could be a software thing too. maybe someone else can fill in everything im forgetting here

Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ilackav8
as far as i can remember, air bag lights in vw/audis are usually due to a bad sensor in the seats, but it could be a software thing too. maybe someone else can fill in everything im forgetting here
Thanks the comment, A friend told me recently that their airbag light came on one day after they were hoovering their car out, and they figured out that they had disrupted one of the connectors under the seat. My car has just recently had a full valet so yesterday I stuck my head under the seat and give all the connections a squeeze incase they were lose. Since then the light has only came for a second when you start the car (which should be normal) and doesnt come on again while driving. It could be purely coincidence but hopefully it will stay off. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days and see what happens.

would a vag-com be a worth while investment?
Any advice which one to get and how much?

Thanks again

Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

it is possible something was rattled slightly loose, or it could have been an odd glitch. hopefully whatever caused the airbag light is cleared out now.

vag com is a great investment as it will tell you comfort module issues (like central locking, air bag lights, any diagnostics you could ever want) in addition to anything an OBD2 reader will tell you.

it is also more helpful with diagnosing issues, as there is a tool for misfire counting (what cylinder/how many misses it registers as long as its running). a lot of people have rosstech as far as i know, all you need is the proper cable and some software on your lap top and youre good to go.