B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

02 a4 1.8t quatt crank but no start major issue plz plz plz help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default 02 a4 1.8t quatt crank but no start major issue plz plz plz help

hey guys... this should be good

i have a 02 audi a4 1.8t quattro... a series of events have happened and would like your expertise in trying to solve one issue. the coolant flange broke and i replaced it. right after that the car started heating up and i thought it was a head gasket issue but no, the fan control module had blown and needed to be replaced keep in mind while all this happened.. the car did start and drive.. while waiting for the module the car just sat there more a couple of weeks. when i tried starting the car one day just for the heck of it,, it did not start but cranks, replaced battery no start. fuel pump was not turning no fuel pressure at the rail, gave power to the fuel pump directly, pump turns but no start. there is spark, compression is good but no fuel delivery. started investigating and found out the there was no power at the fuel pump 20a fuse so i replaced the relay and still no start.. also there is no power at the fuse box for 28 32 34 which all come from the relay im guessing.. i have tried to give direct power to all three of those fuses and got spark air and fuel delivery but no start. reset the immobilizer did everything that i could possibly think of but there is no power going to those 3 fuses. got the fan control module put it on and the fans run non stop so i unhooked it. im thinking its a faulty ecm. but why is there no power at the fuses. replaced relay there is power going to the relay from the battery ... what do you recommend i do im really lost plz help