B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

0-60 in sub 6 seconds with stage 1+ A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
1st Gear
Default 0-60 in sub 6 seconds with stage 1+ A4

I believe a stock 1.8t does 0-60 in about 8 seconds or a little less, the 3.0 does it in about 7 seconds and perhaps a little less. I've done simple mods to my 1.8t including APR reflash, apr exhaust, fuel injectors, ghetto intake rig, and upgraded my diviter valve. APR claims a 235 hp and 247 tq. My 0-60 is in the mid to high 6 seconds. I was happy with that time, but was hoping to get into the 5 seconds, so with out spending more money for added horsepower, I took a page out of my honda days and stripped my audi of what i could. That included hood, spare tire, back seat, and all my junk in the trunk, and the passenger who was required to tape my speedometer. I swear I was hitting high 5 seconds. I was very pleased until i realized that driving with out a hood was very silly and not feasible. I'm debating if I should look more into weight reduction with my audi or just keep going up in power. I don't think there is a market for weight reduction is there? well, just letting my fellow a4 drivers know that it is possible with out a turbo upgrade.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
4th Gear

There are CF body parts that will help with weight reduction. My B5 A4 was down to 2800 lbs without having to fully strip it and that was with a huge 800hp FMIC, GT35r and tube manifold. I still run 2 front seats, full dash and heater system. We are looking to do a new vented B6 hood some time soon, it will have 2 reverse vents on either side of the hood that will help pull air out from under the hood. A CF trunk will drop about another 11-12 lbs.

At some point you will run out of ways to reduce the weight and will have to increase the power. The last time I did my 0-60 testing was back when I was making 570whp and did it in 3.5 seconds. I will have to do the testing again now that I am making 630+whp.

I think my custom K03 setup was most likely in the mid 5's, it ran 14.29 at 97 mph in the 1/4 mile which is still the fastest K03 A4 1.8t time and I ran that time back in 2001.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

I'd love to see high 5s...

Not happening with bump in my trunk though. I still do it in mid-high sevens (absolutely no proof but my crappy digicam), though Kinney Stealership did lift the spare... I'd say I'm running maybe 25lbs heavier in the trunk.

I'll see what chipped and injected does to me.

Then again, I may not be chipped, but I have a Carbonio and a JHM Short Throw Shifter, one of the possibly most overlooked mods for any car. Shifting time definitely effects your quarter time, again not that I have ran a quarter but I do have a strip of straights down the road from me... A little going 1-2, definitely 2-3, and 3-4 just happens.

I'd feel safe challenging a DSG at this point... lol

Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Sublime865

Then again, I may not be chipped, but I have a Carbonio and a JHM Short Throw Shifter, one of the possibly most overlooked mods for any car. Shifting time definitely effects your quarter time, again not that I have ran a quarter but I do have a strip of straights down the road from me... A little going 1-2, definitely 2-3, and 3-4 just happens.

I'd feel safe challenging a DSG at this point... lol
Not even a 1+ B6 will take a DSG GTI. They're light and quick. Besides, your shifting opinion is based only on your critique, which is obviously biased. Take it to a track or at least use a G-Meter to get a somewhat accurate timing on your performance, but if you're not even chipped don't expect anything impressive. Yes the JHM SS is great, but doesn't shave off 2-3 seconds of a 0-60.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

I would say, as I said before, mid-high sevens, which is a few tenths of a second below "8 seconds or a little less" as the OP said.

And the beauty of Vermont is, unless you are bombing a Quarry or racing in a mud ring, there is no "accurate timing". There are no tracks (sorry, "Devil's Bowl" dirt track that's being closed down), no quarter miles, nothing. The closest track to me is one my old college roommate took me to in CT where your car had to have roll cage, fire ext, etc.

And I was talking about feeling safe challenging the DSG at shifting speeds, again, in jest. Those last numbers were gear changes, not seconds. Sorry for being unclear.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by euro_2nr
Not even a 1+ B6 will take a DSG GTI. They're light and quick. Besides, your shifting opinion is based only on your critique, which is obviously biased. Take it to a track or at least use a G-Meter to get a somewhat accurate timing on your performance, but if you're not even chipped don't expect anything impressive. Yes the JHM SS is great, but doesn't shave off 2-3 seconds of a 0-60.

I don't think a DSG would even be required, because of the weight difference. When I had my 05 gli, hence my username, I basically had the same mods as I do for my A4, apr stage 1 with the exhaust, intake, and diviter valve again.. I never got injectors for my jetta though, i've never seen the injectors advertised with any software flashing companies. Anyways, my gli was pretty quick i thought and i believe quite a bit quicker than my A4 now. Only got rid of it because in NewEngland, it SNOWS!!. But euro2ner is aboslutley correct, the Audi just weighs too much to beat a GTI with stage 1+ and i'll even add in a stage II. But like it was pointed out, we don't claim that we can beat a GTI DSG.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

On a roll the fwd GTI might be quicker, but 0-60 it is going to be a little slower because of the traction issue. This is why the FWD cars have a problem getting below 2.0 for 60 ft times but isn't all that hard with a quattro. Only way a FWD manual is going to beat a quattro from a dig is if it is running drag radials or slicks.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@DTH
There are CF body parts that will help with weight reduction. My B5 A4 was down to 2800 lbs without having to fully strip it and that was with a huge 800hp FMIC, GT35r and tube manifold. I still run 2 front seats, full dash and heater system. We are looking to do a new vented B6 hood some time soon, it will have 2 reverse vents on either side of the hood that will help pull air out from under the hood. A CF trunk will drop about another 11-12 lbs.

At some point you will run out of ways to reduce the weight and will have to increase the power. The last time I did my 0-60 testing was back when I was making 570whp and did it in 3.5 seconds. I will have to do the testing again now that I am making 630+whp.

I think my custom K03 setup was most likely in the mid 5's, it ran 14.29 at 97 mph in the 1/4 mile which is still the fastest K03 A4 1.8t time and I ran that time back in 2001.

3.5 sec?! damn! your 1 sec away from a bugatti veryon lol