B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Ziza Platinum White bulbs.. check em outt

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default Ziza Platinum White bulbs.. check em outt

Im working on putting together my new lighting scheme.. depo/helix projectors, the 2 piece design with the clear corners i have now, with 6000k HID lows and move these Ziza Platiunum White bulbs to my highs.. and then facelift fogs with yellow lamin-x.. but for now, they are in my low beams.. what you guys think? from ECS tuning...

Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

BTW they look alot more white in person.. with a very slight blue tinge.. almost HID color i would say just not nearly as bright.. the camera is a digital, canon S3 Is.. didnt touch any settings cause i dont know dick about cameras.. luckily my new gf does, and has a rebel.. should have some sick pics this summer

Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Administrator

I was gonna say they still look fairly close to the yellowish halogen look but as you said, it could be camera settings too. The plan for your hardware (Depo lights, facelift fogs, and HIDs) is solid, and if you have upgraded bulbs that you know in person to be very functional and put out good, useful light, then there's no reason not to swap them to the high beams. Sounds like a good plan - go for it.

BTW, that's basically what I'm running - Depo two-piece projectors with 6000k HIDs and facelift fogs (no lamin-x on the fogs though). It's a GREAT combination and despite what some of the Depo-hating, one-piece-lights-or-death guys may say, the two-piece Depos look really good on the car. You'll be happy for sure.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
3rd Gear

I got 55w 6000k for lows and 3000k for my highs. Cant complain about lighting! Especially since I drive mostly on rural backroads and highways it lights up like a rally car. The yellow highs look real good in contrast to my lows

Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Depo two-piece projectors with 6000k HIDs
If you ever see a pair of these come up for sale cheap (with or without the HIDs already in them) let me know, I still gotta balance out the headlights with the LED auxiliaries but can't afford a new set of Depo two or one pieces with the HID kit to boot. I've been checking the FS threads on here but no one seems to be trying to get rid of any facelift headlights :\

Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 AM
2nd Gear

yea, its definatley the camera.. cause in person they really look nothing like the stock halogens.. they are almost a pure white with a blue tinge.. they look real good i think.. i was gunna take before and afters, but it was shitty weather when i got them in, so i said forget it and threw them in.. also, my clear corners arent nearly as orange as they seem in the pic.. thats how i know its def the camera.. haha ill get some good pics here sometime soon after i get the setup done..

Jeremy- I love the setup on your car, kinda what i gathered my info from and went on.. and i know from the other forums like vortex everyone just said forget the 2 pieces why bother.. but direct plug and play, plus i really dont mind the look of the two piece at all.. i kinda like keeping it old ya know? projector lamps but the seperate corners.. not something you see much of it seems.. and the yellow lamin-x should contrast and look good on the brilliant black..

Euro 2nr- thats pretty much the driving i need to do.. its all rural although with the wheels, and soon to be drop i wont be doing much riding on my backroads in vermont even though i love them.. will for some photo sessions im sure.. but that setup sounds like it would light up wicked..

i cant wait to get this thing all put together.. i was gunna do it ASAP.. im waiting to see if Sine is getting rid of her fogs first.. also im gettin my body all cleaned up in a few weeks so thats where the moneys goin first.. then its lights, tint, coils.. (clutch unfortunatley) and the much awaited APR.. stokkeeddd

Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Those look good! How much were they?

Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

they were $25 for the two of them.. then another $12 to ship them.. for they money i highly reccomend.. and like i said the pictures dont really do them justice, but its all i could do to represent them.. they are really white..

Old 03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

I'm personally not a fan of depo headlights anymore. The tabs broke on both my headlights within 5 months on my lowered A4. Other than that it will be nice.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 AM
2nd Gear

Well its good to hear the good stories and the bad.. sounds like hit or miss as far as getting a good set or bad.. ill prolly lightly silicone the seams but.. I just cant justify spending the major cashola on Valeos.. i know the quality would be superior but i think they should be alright for what im plannin as long as they can hold up relatively well.. plus its lookin like i might possibly be moving to warmer climate, which will help the situation.. BTW hows everyones brackets lookin for the NCAAs??

Quick Reply: Ziza Platinum White bulbs.. check em outt