B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Your favorite mod of all time???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
fabric is actually double lined and the inner part looks to be some what water proof. I wouldn't use a lot of glue anyways but i hear what you saying. I dont know i have enough of it to mess around with and see what and how it will look. My major problem is removing the trim from the car loll. I have a day off tomorrow so i will see if i can do car doors first and then see maybe i could do some dash trim. I will take bunch of pictures tomorrow as me and my friend going to be detailing our cars. I will also post the grille that i made along with the fabric pictures. Wish me luck bro
Sounds good then. Use the 3M spray adhesive - it works fantastic. I've used the regular and the "high strength" and honestly the regular stuff worked noticeably better for me.

As for removing the trim, go to AudiWorld.com, click Resources, then Tech, and go to the interior section. There's a DIY there about making brushed aluminum trim. Use that - it details the trim removal step by step and will walk you through it. Buzz me with any questions while you're doing it and I'll help you out - just call me and I should be able to answer on the spot. If not, shoot a text and let me know and I'll buzz you as soon as I'm freed up. And actually, make sure you buzz me when you start to skin the pieces. There are some tips and tricks I can pass along to you that should help you contour the fabric to the bends in the trim pieces without wrinkling anything.

Last edited by ImTheDevil; 07-06-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 AM
2nd Gear

Morning everyone! So today is the day. Im attempting to fabric wrap my wood trim and while at it wax and polish whole car.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:04 AM
2nd Gear

Ugh, I know what you mean about the paint. I was hoping to get just a nice white and go for that sick pure white and matte black look but I don't have $6k. I was also thinking of doing a vinyl roof, is that expensive? Do you still wash/wax it? Also, one more question, what kind of black proojectors do you have? I think I have the same in chrome, but I'm not sure I can run HIDs because there's a sticker on the housing that says no HID. (Dur)

Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
2nd Gear

I bought a set of black housing DEPOS from ebay for around 200 bucks with halos and clear corners. Running HIDS in them now for the last 4 months and couldnt be happier.

As far as the trim.... I havent gotten around to it which sucks because the only thing that stopped me was one screw that i couldnt find and when it was too dark out i found where that S.O.B was, so now waiting for the next sunny day that im off to do it.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

this summer im gonna do rims, new shift ****(already ordered), new muffler, and if there is any money left, window tints

Old 07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

I just got my VMAXX coilovers last week. I am waiting to order caliper paint then I am installing them. After I think I am going to finally get xenon light kit. Perhaps a new clutch/brakes/other maintenance stuff down the line.

So far I got new angel eye headlights, new tail lights, new rims/tires (black/chrome lip), debadged the back, OEM rs4 grill, cd player, 20% tints, painted the outside glossy black.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
I bought a set of black housing DEPOS from ebay for around 200 bucks with halos and clear corners. Running HIDS in them now for the last 4 months and couldnt be happier.

As far as the trim.... I havent gotten around to it which sucks because the only thing that stopped me was one screw that i couldnt find and when it was too dark out i found where that S.O.B was, so now waiting for the next sunny day that im off to do it.
What brand/temp HIDs are you running? I have some chrome DEPOs and I don't wanna drop the money on E-Codes (I like the depo's uncut front face, looks more one peice). Do you have pics? lol, I've been looking for this answer for awhile.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

yeah here is it

Old 07-12-2009, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

I think I'll pick up some Valeo e-codes this summer, but that is probably it for mods this summer.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
2nd Gear

how much are those going to run you?

Quick Reply: Your favorite mod of all time???