B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Your favorite mod of all time???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by srlito
You could always do the diode mod. I ordered some a couple days ago off of ebay for $2.50 with shipping. Search the forum for it.
I've heard diode mode will mess up your air-to-fuel ration and make the car goes on limp mode. Not to mention the boost will be "messy". Let us know how it goes though.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 AM
1st Gear
Talking

i have a 98 1.8t quattro, i am deployed to iraq right now. coming home in late aug. relized this was the best time to mod my audi since i can afford to do everything at once.

mods are and will include

revo stage 2
racetech front mount intercooler
forge bov
aftermarket exhaust manifold
borla turbo back exhaust
rs4 body kit
konig lace wheels

Old 07-06-2009, 10:47 AM
2nd Gear

Im The Devil - I decided not to paint my trim but rather go with similar approach as you only different material. Went down to a local walmart and picked up 2 yards of this fabric that looks like carbon fiber from far ( black and dark grey checkered with black pieces being suede) I will have to take a picture and show it to you... I layed it over some trim and it matches the rest of interior pretty damn good and makes everything look so much better. So i cant wait to see how to take them trims off so i can start layering and wrapping it in fabric. Im sure i will have some left so you can have the rest and wrap whatever you want in it. I think you going to like it. I will post pictures after work today

Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sdsteez
post some pics. havent seen anyone go that far with suede. all the same color? how hard was the headliner im thinking about doing it mines mad dirty
I'll get the pics up soon (not at home now). I have a black leather interior and I used black suede so the look would be custom but understated. I bought the shift boot in black alcantara with gray stitching from ShiftStyle (very nice product for anyone who is considering one) but I did all the reskin work myself on the other parts. I haven't done the headliner yet - since the pillars have to come out to get it out, I'll finish all the rest of those at one time.

I'll put pics up again soon in this thread.

Emil, that fabric sounds cool but if it's going to work it needs to have some thickness or the glue will bleed through.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

My K04

Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear

fabric is actually double lined and the inner part looks to be some what water proof. I wouldn't use a lot of glue anyways but i hear what you saying. I dont know i have enough of it to mess around with and see what and how it will look. My major problem is removing the trim from the car loll. I have a day off tomorrow so i will see if i can do car doors first and then see maybe i could do some dash trim. I will take bunch of pictures tomorrow as me and my friend going to be detailing our cars. I will also post the grille that i made along with the fabric pictures. Wish me luck bro

Old 07-06-2009, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
I've heard diode mode will mess up your air-to-fuel ration and make the car goes on limp mode. Not to mention the boost will be "messy". Let us know how it goes though.
Ya you may want to install an MBC so that youre not over-boosting and going into limp mode. CincyTT did a nice write for all of this iirc.

As far as my mods go i lowered the car earlier this spring and finally did the cc mod and some 5k HIDs. Later on (when I get my car back) I will be doing blacked out grille trim and a hard wired iPod adapter.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

My summer consists of working my *** off to pay for some nice mods. First and foremost is getting the car all the parts it needs to run well. A new clutch mainly a headliner would be rad, I was thinking a plaid, something dark and subtle. I've heard of dying interiors white, but has anyone heard of black? If I could afford it I'd love to have my seats re-upholstered in real black. Right now they're like a deep navy along with the rest of the interior. Bleh. A forge splitter valve soon and a front engine mount from APR? One idea I've been kicking around is my valve cover and intake manifold. I cant decide between powdercoating and polishing. I was thinking to polish, (by hand cuz I'm ghetto) because thats a lot cheaper than powdercoating and if I hate it I can powdercoat over it. Any other suggestions? Oh, a tint is in order. I have a silver 1998 a4, and I want to go for the black on silver look.

Final question of opinion: Rims. I was originally going to get 17 or 18 RS6 reps and powdercoat them matte black. I love that look. But I really like the dish look as well. I wonder what a matte black dish would look like, like a TSW Snetterton or something. I'm talking face and lip, all black. comments?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah man Black on Silver is a touch look to go for but if you have everything just the right way it will look sweet. I have a silver also and im going to black and silver look too. I gave up on the idea of painting car black and yellow when i found out how much its going to cost me. So far i have black 18's BSA 304's, CF hood, Black projectors. Looking into painting or vinyl wrapping my roof this summer and tomorrow im going to attempt what Jeremy "Im the Devil" did with his interior by wrapping my "wood" trim in fabric, which if it turned out the way i want will look amazing. Eventually thinking about getting CF euro trunk but not very sure as i have a pair of kickers in the trunk which will probably rattle trunk even more than it already is. If everything goes well I will post pictures tomorrow of my new trim look and if im not lazy maybe eve DIY on it

Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sdsteez
post some pics. havent seen anyone go that far with suede. all the same color? how hard was the headliner im thinking about doing it mines mad dirty
Here's some pics of my suedework so far:

e-brake sleeve:

Beltline trim:

If I find the pics of the A-pillars and rear decklid, I'll post them too, but you should get the idea from these. It's a really nice change overall, and one you don't see much at all. Before this, I had painted all the beltline trim and the stereo surround panel in metallic silver to match the car but I got tired of it. I redid it with the suede, but did the stereo surround in a piano black finish and the contrast, to me, is exactly what I wanted. Once the B- and C-pillars are done, and the headliner, I'll put pics of everything up at once.

Quick Reply: Your favorite mod of all time???