B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

You know you are a B5 owner if...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 AM
3rd Gear

nothing but BP 93 with Invigorate!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

u know ur a b5 owner when ur driving and suddenly think to yourself, "What the hell is that sounds?"

Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by a4haze
u know ur a b5 owner when ur driving and suddenly think to yourself, "What the hell is that sounds?"
why are u selling your car?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by a4haze
I do have a little rattle that comes and goes, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell it is... heat shield rattling, some pulley shaking? Is it even coming from the engine bay?

Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 AM

I was riding in an SUV once and heard a rattling, so we pulled over and were trying to figure out the rattle...

About 10 minutes later one of us looks on the top of the vehicle where the cargo rack is, and the rack had perfectly trapped a nice black walnut up there.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

No to be resurrecting a thread from the grave.... but this seems to be pretty classic.

you know you are a B5 owner if/when...

you will drive across town just to put shell V-power in as a poor college student, then when your friend asks why you did that, and how his car will run fine on regular, you just shake your head.

you break your "cup holder" when you push the wrong side down (iv owned the car for 3 days now and have done it twice)

you come into a corner hard, downshift, are about to hit the brakes, then decide F it, its too much effort and just power through with no problem

Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
4th Gear

It is a classic. I love it when someone throws something new in the mix...

I know what you mean about the corners too. I have one on my way to work. It's unfortunately a 35MPH zone, on the army base, with a speed trap on the other side. Every day I want to tear through it... Every day I let my better judgement get in the way!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
you know you a B5 owner when your friends don't want to ride with you on a long road trips (hence small back seat room)

You know you are a B5 owner when a older lady in another B5 pulls up next to you at a stop lights and asks you to open your passenger window just to tell you that you have a nice car. GOTTA LOVE AUDI OWNERS
All my friends kept telling me I had an old lady car, which we all know is bogus! Its turbo'd I kept denying it until we pulled up to a light next to another silver b5... full of old ladies. Now I've accepted it and named my car Agness, Agness the Audi.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
I do have a little rattle that comes and goes, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell it is... heat shield rattling, some pulley shaking? Is it even coming from the engine bay?
I've got something similar, sounds like drivers side wheel area or engine bay. I checked engine cover, bounced suspension, all sorts of stuff. Haven't found it yet.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear

You know you're a B5'er when you're convinced that there are either intelligent gremlins in your car or it's cursed.

Examples:
A/C compressor kicks it on the record breaking day during the heatwave.
Headlight switch goes out once you drive yourself two miles down non-lit, pitch black gravel roads.
ABS kicks it on the day before the first snow of the year.

Now I'm just waiting for my rear diff to fall off when I get to the slopes lol.

Quick Reply: You know you are a B5 owner if...