B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

You know you are a B5 owner if...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by armyboy91083
you know your a b5er when u know the only place to hold your drink is using the lever to move your seat back and forth
i gotta try that i always spill my damn iced coffee all over myself. Damn quattro lets me take turns so fast lol.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM

you know your a b5'er when your constantly learning new things about your car
like how the windows have automatic "pinch protection" and you have to try it out

Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 'oooo'
you know your a b5'er when your constantly learning new things about your car
like how the windows have automatic "pinch protection" and you have to try it out
no f'n way if ur screwin with me to make me close my hand in my window i'm gonna be pissed.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
1st Gear
Smile you know your a b5'er when...

you know your a b5'er when:

...when it snows outside, you smile as you know your audi can take it.
...when you can floor the accelerator in a snow covered parking lot and keep doing donuts.
...when after 2+ years of ownership, learn you can open/close all the windows and moonroof by manually unlocking the door and holding it there for 5 seconds.
...when you explain to your significant other that you REALLY DO NEED PREMIUM GAS.
...when you impress your friends by hooking up your A4 to your laptop to clear codes.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by kr1snarowsk1
no f'n way if ur screwin with me to make me close my hand in my window i'm gonna be pissed.
im not! try it with a gatorade bottle first to make sure it works!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by a224932
you know your a b5'er when:

...when it snows outside, you smile as you know your audi can take it.
...when you can floor the accelerator in a snow covered parking lot and keep doing donuts.
...when after 2+ years of ownership, learn you can open/close all the windows and moonroof by manually unlocking the door and holding it there for 5 seconds.
...when you explain to your significant other that you REALLY DO NEED PREMIUM GAS.
...when you impress your friends by hooking up your A4 to your laptop to clear codes.
I hated snow with a fiery passion til I got this car

The window feature is amazing, it always pisses off my friends in a rainstorm when I can just go out and roll up the windows without having to actually turn the car on as they get soaked doing just that. Amazing.

Gotta get that vag-com software... If I ever get my laptop fixed

Originally Posted by 'oooo'
im not! try it with a gatorade bottle first to make sure it works!
It works, he's not kidding

Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Smile

Hey A4Cragman,

Just noticed you are in SLC. I live in Sandy. Utah definitely has its share of Audis.

Have you ever gone to the Audi place on 21 south and roughly 3rd east? I drool every time I drive by.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:03 AM
2nd Gear

Nice! We should meet up sometime, SLC is just a generalization, I'm actually in Sandy myself. The place on 21st and 4th east is Streamline Industries. I take my car there for any and all work, Elf is a good man. Knows his s41t and only charges 85/hr for labor and doesn't try to sell you anything you don't need. Go there for any mods or maintenance you need, I highly recommend Elf over any other mechanic in the valley. Especially the stealership. PM me if you're interested in getting together sometime, Utah definitely does have a pretty good stock of Audis driving around, (tho not many B5s, which is nice, leaves a tinge of uniqueness to us ) so we should try organizing a meet or something sometime.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

This is a bit of a spinoff of previous posts, but you know you're a B5er when your check engine light comes on, but you don't panic like the other 90% of people out there because you know exactly why it came on and will just clear the code with your lap top when you get home

Old 07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

I dont understand some people... why would you clear off the CEL when you know that something is wrong. Isn't it better just to repair or fix the problem and have it off. Like mine came on about a month ago but i know that its because one of my Cats gone bad so if i replace it, it will take care of the O2 sensor and my CEL... idk i just dont see the point of clearing it all the time

Quick Reply: You know you are a B5 owner if...