B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Yet another HID Q....yup, I searched

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Yet another HID Q....yup, I searched

https://www.audiforums.com/m_770870/tm.htm

in that post are photos of my a4 with the vvme 8000k lights on. they are not that blue. very close to the factory BMW HIDs. they are a crisp white with a verly "subtle but there" feel on the blue.

hope it helps.
-Ryan

Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CTown

you got 8000k Rafa? Post up some pics
<-- in my avatar pic thats the old 8000k setup i had.
yes I had a kit in my head light and a kit in my fogs 8000k from ebay...
but 1 kit the ballad got bad so i bought 2 extra kit from VVME and im gonna install today.
when I can I'll post the pics from the 8000K VVME.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

ryan and rafa~ look good. i did order a 4K kit. now i need to find some H7's that will look close to HID's for the high beams. i will have to post some pix of my car come spring, it looks like hell now. hey rafa, did you get some weird tracking number from them? i got one that was something like this....H743xxxx....only 11 characters. UPS usually uses a 1ZRXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. or did i catch a case of stupid somewhere, and just can't track them?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

Do you spend alot of time with you highbeams on? I skipped the HID high Beams because since the b5 is not set up with bi-xenons, the high beams wouldn't be warmed up when turned on. Constant turning on and off is not the best for HID bulbs in the first place, PLUS the HID lows with proper aiming and cutoff is more than enough... seriously more than enough.

Your car, go whatever direction you'd like, but it's $100 bucks you could put towards something else and get more use from IMHO.If anything, skip the high beams and get the HID fogs in pimpin' yellow. it's a very hot look if you ask me, AND it's a usable functional one.

The shipping number is from EMS. it will be delivered USPS once it passes through customs.

- Ryan

Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 AM

so how's the VVME HID's holding for you guys so far? and how's the installation? any modification required for mounting the ballast on B5? I am deciding between VVME and Visionbulbs.. I really wander how much of a difference in results when comparing the two. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

seriously... please use the search feature.

Short answer out of kindness:

VVME is regarded as a gamble. Cheap, but 2 sets cost less than 1 average kit. Once you get a decent kit from them, they are fine. I had to buy 2 sets to get a working set, but I have left over parts now for when they go again. Warranty is more expensive than buying a whole new kit, no customer service. period.

no wiring mods needed, only a hole drilled in the dust caps. I ended up using 15A fuses instead of the factory 10s.

Only differance is quality, warrantee, and service amongst all the kits. Hence VVME = poor due to warranty and service.

- Ryan

Old 02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: skills@eurocarsplus

ryan and rafa~ look good. i did order a 4K kit. now i need to find some H7's that will look close to HID's for the high beams. i will have to post some pix of my car come spring, it looks like hell now. hey rafa, did you get some weird tracking number from them? i got one that was something like this....H743xxxx....only 11 characters. UPS usually uses a 1ZRXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. or did i catch a case of stupid somewhere, and just can't track them?
yea the tracking was some weird number and you cant track in the 1st days, after 2-3 you can..
i got my lights quick, installed yesterday, i thought i would be more bluish color the 8000k but its
alright, i'll post pic this weekend when I have time...

Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

sound good guys~ i will do a writeup on my install, perhaps a moderator can put it in the correct location (sorry, i still have that 'new guy' smell) as far as the high beams, i just meant a standard H7 that 'looked' like a HID (more white than yellow) to be honest, i am kind of pissed, as i was poking around under the hood, i noticed my condenser has some wet spots [:@]looks like she's a bleeder. i will have to take care of that soon. looks like it's time to get the boss to fix our a/c machine at the shop, it took a dump in november

Old 02-17-2008, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Hella HID's from VVME.com 6000k's

Name:  P2160141.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  P2160141.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  36.5 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P2160141.jpg (36.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

My 6000K VVMEkit works fine and had them for ~4 months ... just as was said earlier, bad customer service, and mine took 2 weeks to get to me (east coast) from China. I'd buy from them again though.

Quick Reply: Yet another HID Q....yup, I searched