B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Yes or no, opinions accepted

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default Yes or no, opinions accepted

Ok, my latest venture into a cosmetic upgrade is headlights. Being the large fan I am of the black accents on silver paint, my plans are for darker tint, tinted taillights (which will probably be done within the next week or two) and my latest research: black headlights.

http://www.360tuners.com/index.asp?P...mp;ProdID=1918

I found these via google. The price is right, they look pretty stylin', the product info claims a perfect fit installation on 96-99 A4's with no bumper modification required so my question for my fellow Audi enthusiasts, are these worth it? Do these look worth the money, will the install be as easy as it claims, has anyone else ever bought/used these, is there something else that is a higher quality and the same reasonable price that someone can direct me to etc etc?

Thanks in advance,
-Justin

Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Yes or no, opinions accepted

better than the crappy halo eye one on ebay, id rock'em

Old 07-07-2008, 12:24 AM

imo those headlights are ungly as can be, halo lights do not belong on audis[:'(] those are a ripoff for $210, you can find depo ecodes on ebay for ~$250 spend the extra money on an upgrade that looks better than those ugly halos. and the ad is BS one piece headlights will not fit MY 96-99, you are going to have to cut the fenders out if you want to upgrade to 1 piece lights

Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 AM
2nd Gear

So no to those, how bout these?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:34 AM
3rd Gear

I have those exact headlights. I doubt too many people at all on these forums are going to agree but I like them. You probably should expect people telling you to get either a bmw or a civic if you want halos or save your money and get ecodes or pretty much anything else. My Audi is dark blue (europa blue mica) and I think those black headlights look nice on it and I think they'd look nice on a silver one too. People compliment mine pretty much. They don't look ricey in person or anything in my opinion. And they do fit perfectly without cutting or modifying the fenders at all on my 97 a4. The halos are not plug and play but they're pretty simple to attach to the parking light wires. One of the only bad things about them is that they might have a condensation problem. Only my passenger side light got like that and it wasn't too bad (it would go away within an hour which i consider not too bad compared to others I have seen) but like a half year ago I took it apart and reglued it back together and made sure no moisture or anything could get in and I never had that problem since. Another bad thing about them is that it says not to put HIDs in them. I'm pretty sure HIDs will be too hot and cause the headlights to melt and also from what I have heard, the bulbs that come with HID kits are slightly longer and will be too close to the projector lens on these and either not fit or shoot beams everywhere.. That may be wrong but HIDs still are probably a bad idea with these headlights which is why I kinda wish I got some that can support HID. I'm not really looking to sell these but if you want some that have been used for about a year and still in very good condition and can give me an offer good enough maybe I'll change my mind.
Hopefully that was the kind of reply you wanted.

EDIT: Everything I said was about the headlights in your first post on this thread.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

its all preference!! if we all listened to everyone we'd all have the same exact car... Personally i like halos, they have to look good quality for me but i like them... Its a negative though on both headlights for me...

Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

I got ecodes off ebay for like $140 and they're the shi-... shiznit.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear

I got ecodes off ebay for like $140 and they're the shi-... shiznit.
Wanna trade?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 AM
2nd Gear

Well, the more I toggle between the pix of the two, the more I have to agree with tooxtreme, I'm liking the depo's more than the halos. I'd probably go with the halos if I was doing more of a euro theme with this car, but the euro tail lights look like crap on an Audi and I dont feel I can mix the two so I think I'll probably go with the more agressive look of the depo's, which happen to be cheaper via ebay at the moment. Thanks for all the input, its helped a lot. Feel free to keep it coming however, until I come up with the cash, theres room for more opinions

Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 AM
3rd Gear

I think the halos look a lot better in person. But yeah I also like depos better mainly because of the HID capability. I think I put all the opinion I could on this... Check craigslist if you're trying to find something that is cheaper. Even though I'm always disappointed in the amount of Audi parts on craigslist in my area. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Quick Reply: Yes or no, opinions accepted