B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

WTF!!!!! Woke up to find this. WTF!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
agreed
good to see someone agrees

But moving onto the better part of this story, when this is all said and done im going to have to buy new tires. Can you guys tell me what you would recomend. I want performance but i need to be able to drive em in the snow too. Atleast for a winter since next year im moving to Florida after i graduate school. (really cant take the winter anymore, had enough)

anyway, im feeling these.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

i like the thread design.
what do you guys think???

Old 11-25-2009, 09:27 PM
3rd Gear

you stated that you to be able to use them in the snow. Those are not what you need. KDW's are pretty good as committed summer tires, but definitely not for use in snow.

Use an all weather tire (I use Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, have had no issues with them).

Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

A/S tires for snow would be the Pilot Sport A/S Plus or the Bridgestone RE960AS. Accept no substitute.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

I just bought some pirelli p zero nero M+S (which are cheaper than some) and i seem to love them. they grip better than my last set of yokohama avid v4s. However, i am on the 16" a4 sport rims... havent had the chance to try them in the snow, but the Pirelli's are great in the rain (just need to drive up the mountain and find out, ill do that this weekend and let you know).

Old 11-26-2009, 02:49 AM
4th Gear

so just curious... u said u have an idea who it is... do they own an audi? or do they own a honda since they left honda tools behind, and if so, why the hell would the throw audi rims on some bunk honda?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Guru

^ Because he wants to be SUPER QUOOL!!

Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM
4th Gear

lol... well he should get super smashed in the face with his stupid *** honda tools

Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
so just curious... u said u have an idea who it is... do they own an audi? or do they own a honda since they left honda tools behind, and if so, why the hell would the throw audi rims on some bunk honda?

He drive an audi. As for the honda jacks im guessing they are easy to get a hold off.

As for the tires, i dont really like the pilots, they are way to stiff and when i looking for tires for my porsche 944 turbo, i was told never use those because they tend to loose grip on porsches. Maybe theyll work better on audis but i rather go with a different tire. I think i would sacrife snow ability for better rain and performance.

Winter usually on give us about a 10 actual days of snow covered days. most of it usually melts pretty quick.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
5th Gear

i'm a big bridgestone fan. i've been running Re050 for a year and i love them. i don't usually use them in the snow as they're on my 18s but i did have to drive with them on for a day in snow because we got hit from nowhere. they aren't that great but not terrible either. i got up hills fine but stopping the car was the only hard part. had to brake extra early.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:54 AM
4th Gear

****... im running walmart tires on my stock rims haha

Quick Reply: WTF!!!!! Woke up to find this. WTF!!!!!!!!!