B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

which would you do first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear
Cool which would you do first?

sooo my car is FINALLY running good since the motor swap in june. almost everything is new under the hood, ive replaced soo many hoses and clamps these past few months i dont think theres anything left.

sooo after x-mas, and my b-day is in 2 weeks, im gunna be close to doing my next 'big' upgrade. the only problem, is i cant decide which one to do first. anyone thats seen my car knows i have stock stance(not even sport) so the wheel gap is horrible on my car, anyone thats followed what happend to the motor, knows that i have a pretty well built motor w/ good power output, but a stock clutch.

so my choices are:
-a stage 3 clutch& lwfw (stg 3 cause i would like to upgrade the turbo by the end of this year)
-full set of coilovers w/ wheel spacers(for a dope stance)
-spring/shock combo and a new tune from unitronics instead of speedtuning.

so what would you do?

*also the clutch in the car now cant handle more then 13lbs in 3rd,4th,and 5th. the car is setup to boost 20 right now.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:13 PM
5th Gear

i would do the clutch first so your car is drivable for a while. then save up for the suspension. i mean you could get the COs now and ride the crap outa the stock clutch and not be able to drive your car or be able to drive a car that rides a bit high that will eventually be slammed anyways lol

Old 12-27-2008, 12:18 PM
2nd Gear

well if i take it easy i can get about 2 months out of this clutch, but i still havent seen what my motor is fully capable of yet. but at the same time, i am the last car in my club to do suspension so it looks soo bad in pictures.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

is 2 months enough to let you save up for either upgrade? if so, it doesn't rly matter which one you get first lol. yes your car won't look as good as others but can they out run you? hehe

Old 12-27-2008, 12:48 PM
3rd Gear

Do the clutch... of course I am a total hypocrite saying that but do it anyways.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

I was going to say coilovers but clutch seems to be what your car needs at the moment.

Best of luck!

Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear

well it dosent need the clutch yet. i cant put all the power down, but the car still drives fine in daily traffic.

but it seems like most of you are saying clutch, which is probably what i plan on doing, but everyone i ask in person says i should do the stance first, which is why i cant make up my mind in the first place.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

i dunno.. in my opinion i think the mechanical parts are most important to fix and get up to snuff first.. lol my clutch is also at the end of its career and its the next big thing i gotta do.. and i gotta do it before coilovers (even though i dont want to haha) that way you got your power.. and when you get the money to do COs you can get low and haul ***.. but its your call man, im sure youll be happy either way haha

Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear

People say that cuz when the car breaks down there not the one w/o transportation... either way your getting a performance part buy doing the clutch so why not. And after that quick drive im am strongly regretting not having done my clutch yet.... I was in a wet parking lot and decided I'd have a bit of fun... this time it was no fun the rpm's went up the car accelerated but not very well and the tires didn't spin...

Old 12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Well, I said clutch just because it's an important part of the car. If it breaks (and it could break faster than you would expect it to) you wouldn't be able to drive (also what others have said too).

On the other hand, coilovers would make the car looks mean/better but since your suspension is still holding up right now, I think it can wait bit.

Just my opinion and suggestion.