B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

World's fastest B5 A4 12V

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Slut

Nah, its actually Montana

Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Guru

He thinks he's a smartass

Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Slut

I thought the arch comment afterward would clarify I was joking, but apparently I guess he doesnt know that you guys have a gigantic metal thing over your city...

Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

Update:

Still plugging and playing with geometry...this f-ing motor is like trying to get power out of a microwave.

(The best move I made was buying a seperate motor to build, If I'd pulled a motor to realize it had a lawn mower powerplant, I'd be all but thrilled.)

Did some block weight reduction today by drilling using a carbide tip and knurling grooves into the metal, finished the crank, and am still looking for a solid rod design as the first prints didn't seem up to par. May settle for an I-beam design.

Picked up some ARP head studs, and will start doing some flow tests next week.

God help me if this finished product makes under 300 crank, I may set it on fire and deliver it to Audi personally. I started this project thinking "How hard could it be to make the world's fastest 12V motor? They are virtually impossible to make fast, so why not be the guy that did?" Now im at the point of "Soooo, that's why nobody does...."

Well, I can't say I wasn't warned!

Thanks for the support!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Guru

if you got a machine shop and all that jazz.... do a turbo or s/c with some standalone.... or build the motor do a sc with some juice

as stated though the worlds fastest 12v is probably a 13 something second car.... so if you can get into the 12's you will be good.... built motor and an sc and you could probably see close to 300whp.... throw on juice and you can have anywhere from a 25-150 shot just depends on how long you want the motor too last

Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
he said power adder, then he did say bottle fed...... could he add f/i.... sure

build the 2.8 and put on a turbo, standalone tuning maybe make about 350-400whp(if lucky) then use spray and maybe make 500whp..... that might work and get him into the 11's

but most turbo guys that use spray, spray to get the turbo spooled..... unless his 12v is a vr6 motor and he is planning on a vrt?

i have my doubts that this will work and i would have to guess he will quit posting in a few weeks/months..... or he will be posting just not about this subject

but op..... prove us wrong.... bring the videos though cause sheets can be doctored
make this your inspiration

Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
His name is Beau
Hey i have an austrailian sheperd named beau!
Seriously OP, a 12V just can't do low 11's, the bottom end of that engine would fly through the fender before you reached that kind of power.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

I think if the motor lasted one pass, I'd be fine with the excuse to start a new project...

It's going to get the s-h-i-t sprayed out of it. I'll probably run a multi-stage setup and try and squeeze 150 at minimum, hopefully 200 to it. Keep in mind, this car already has some drivetrain work, clutch, axles, as well as Nitto DR's.

I researched and calipered the rotating assembly and think I can use a modified 3.2L crank and get some serious stroke.

As for the future, we'll have to wait and see. I will post some photos of the block and rods soon, I've gotta say, they look damn sexy.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Site Moderator

If you took a 2.7T engine (which has a 4 bolt main) and completely built it with some huge turbos (or one big single one) you could get the kind of numbers you want, and with a lot less money. If you could do that, you would be a god among audi owners, a 12V is a failing proposition, but im glad you saw the light lol.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

It's an impossible and pointless action to get this to be a mainstream assembly for sale purposes. However, a record is a record!

After this thing is pieced together and the laughing gas propels it down the track, it will more than likely become an S4 clone, complete with a 2.7T.

It's a fun journey, but is beginning to break the bank and produce no results. I'll continue through with the mission, but will despise the 12V engineers for targetting bratwurst delivery services in the design of this motor.

Quick Reply: World's fastest B5 A4 12V