B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

World's fastest B5 A4 12V

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Guru
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
2nd Gear

Do a 4.2 swap...

Old 01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

LoL, guess you've never heard the expression "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"? You have no knowledge of any other 12v builds or records, yet you claim you're building the "world's fastest" and you haven't even built it yet? Are you seriously surprised by some of the responses?

Anyhow, during the first 2 years of the 12v, a tuning company came out with a complete engine package where they supposedly hit 250 hp. It cost around 5 grand and was featured in Eurotuner or one of those mags. PnP, intake, hot cams etc etc and that was the most they could get out of the 12v without turbo or nitrous. Then the 30v 2.8 came out and that was the end of that. There aren't any records because it's obviously futile when a chipped 1.8t is all that's needed to surpass the V6.

There is/was a guy on Audiworld named Mance who is famous for the most built 12v anyone knows of. He sold bored-out TBs and machined MAFs and people lined up to pay hundreds of dollars for his mods, but that was years ago. Some times his stuff comes up used. He had done everything possible to his personal car and claimed to be around 250hp. He's a road corse racer and not interested in 1/4, but as already stated, good luck getting into the 11's.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

So far this is the progress list:
  • Lightweight 718 Inconel Machined Rods - 3.499" (Close to stock specs)
  • Lightweight Forged and Heat Treated 9:5:1 Pistons - 4.00" Bore, Diamond Wristpins and Rings
  • Re-Balanced Crank - 6 Bolt Main Cap
  • Weight Reduction
  • Power Adder

To be not so secretive, this will be a bottle fed car. I am keeping drawings, sheets, etc. in hopes of marketing an affordable stroker kit in the near future.

With a lathe, mill, and CNC machine, anything is possible.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theflash
You have no knowledge of any other 12v builds or records, yet you claim you're building the "world's fastest" and you haven't even built it yet?
That's the beauty of knowing an extensive amount of math and operating a machine shop.

I understand all doubts, and am extremely motivated by them all. There is a first for everything. Despite being new to this forum, I am not new to engine building. It can and will be done, and results will be in video, blueprinting, and timesheet form.

Thanks all, for the help with finding any track records!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by audizilla
So far this is the progress list:
  • Lightweight 718 Inconel Machined Rods - 3.499" (Close to stock specs)
  • Lightweight Forged and Heat Treated 9:5:1 Pistons - 4.00" Bore, Diamond Wristpins and Rings
  • Re-Balanced Crank - 6 Bolt Main Cap
  • Weight Reduction
  • Power Adder

To be not so secretive, this will be a bottle fed car. I am keeping drawings, sheets, etc. in hopes of marketing an affordable stroker kit in the near future.

With a lathe, mill, and CNC machine, anything is possible.

Rods/pistons and rebalanced crank doesn't exactly make it a "Stroker kit". To do that you actually have to increase the stroke and pretty sure that can just be done by dropping in a 3.0 crank like the S4 2.7t owners do.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

ohhh man... hey i agree with ^^ .. but if you have a machine shop. & time and fundings for this.... i would build a beast.. are you sleeving the bottom end??? why 9.5-1??? any boost goin in this beech??

Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by abnormal_b5
ohhh man... hey i agree with ^^ .. but if you have a machine shop. & time and fundings for this.... i would build a beast.. are you sleeving the bottom end??? why 9.5-1??? any boost goin in this beech??
he said power adder, then he did say bottle fed...... could he add f/i.... sure

build the 2.8 and put on a turbo, standalone tuning maybe make about 350-400whp(if lucky) then use spray and maybe make 500whp..... that might work and get him into the 11's

but most turbo guys that use spray, spray to get the turbo spooled..... unless his 12v is a vr6 motor and he is planning on a vrt?

i have my doubts that this will work and i would have to guess he will quit posting in a few weeks/months..... or he will be posting just not about this subject

but op..... prove us wrong.... bring the videos though cause sheets can be doctored

Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by audizilla
That's the beauty of knowing an extensive amount of math and operating a machine shop.

I understand all doubts, and am extremely motivated by them all. There is a first for everything. Despite being new to this forum, I am not new to engine building. It can and will be done, and results will be in video, blueprinting, and timesheet form.

Thanks all, for the help with finding any track records!
i gave you a link to all the posted a4 1/4 mile times posted..... but you can do the same thing i did and search the webz for your own

Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear

With the amount of money you will dump on making 2.8 12v go fast, my suggestion is call your army base and see if there is a scrap jet engine for sale. Pop the trunk and fold down the seats. Then get in the car and hold on to your life!

Quick Reply: World's fastest B5 A4 12V