B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

winter be damned, I washed it anyhow:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Administrator
Default winter be damned, I washed it anyhow:)

Friday morning here it was -4 degrees and starting a snowstorm that gave us 3-5" of snow on top of what we already had. Today was in the low 60s. By the end of the week, I've heard that we're due to get another snowstorm (no idea how much though). However, being that it was nice out, I've gotten new mods lately, and my car has been filthy for months due to road spray and salt, I washed it anyhow. So nice to see it clean. If only it would last...side note - by the time I'd gone the 9 miles from the car wash to my house, I had road spray from melting runoff halfway up the doors and my wheels were dirty again. Being neurotic about that stuff, I cleaned it up again at home Anyhow, it's nice to see it clean and shining again, even if only for a few hours. You southern AFers are lucky.

And yes, it's a crappy phone cam pic - didn't have a real camera with me. Lighting sucks too, but at least it's clean

Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: winter be damned, I washed it anyhow:)

Nice!! Yesterday it got up to 57 deg Fhere in Des Moines, thenaround 6pm it started raining, by 9:30pm it was freezing rain, and then between10pm and 11:30pm last night, we got about 2-3" of snow. Today, it's about 20 deg F. [:@]

This winter nonsense has got to go.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Administrator

I agree completely - don't know about where you are but here, March is the worst month of all. The temperatures fluctuate a bunch. It can go from 15 to 65 to 20 to 70 in the space of a week, and we can get sun, rain, snow, and thunderstorms at any time and in any order. By now I am ready for the weather to break and stop this garbage but we're in it for at least another month before it'll really be done with. It sucks but that's what we get for living here.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like what we deal with. As the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in (insert name of state here), just wait five minutes."

Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

"She's mother nature, what do you expect? She's a woman and can't make up her mind"

Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
4th Gear

i get free washes every week at a touchless carwash, so i wash whenever i want.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM

Snow sucks! it should go to hell, that way it will at least melt! nice pics though.

MrFlippant:

wait a second sir... you live in Des moines as well? i live in norwalk, just 5 miles south of des moines. you've got PM!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:50 PM
3rd Gear

Must be nice to be outside this weekend and getting the car washed. I haven't gone out since Saturday morning, b/c I've been sick. At least the snow from Friday melted off my car today.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
5th Gear

i luv snow b4 it melts and is all over the road. i absoluforkingly hate snow when it's melting. jeremy is that conklin ave? it sorta looks like it but then it doesn't lol

Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

SNOW IS AWESOME!!!! its the salt that sucks... straight sand isnt that badd... although its does suck... if only more towns/ cities used calcium.. Gotta love New England. . .

Quick Reply: winter be damned, I washed it anyhow:)