B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Why i don't race (not a crash story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Why i don't race (not a crash story)

safety doesnt mean jack if you are seen anywhere near racing and a cop goes after them but sees your car and decides to pull you just because it looks like it could be convictable... thats where the whole safety bullS%$# went out the window...

It almost seems like you have to have a bone stock car, go 10 mph under the speed limit not get pulled...

if you plan to even change the appearance of your car plan to get pulled over well thats for gay
VA anyway...

Old 05-19-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: steezybme

what is wrong with u people take every chance you get to race... lifes not worth living if you cant enjoy every second of it... Once you race and start to mod you will understand what it means to call your car your baby... its kinda funny to hear people say that but once your behind the wheel there is respect and excitement... Watch IMV FILMS VICE OF BAD FOLK personally now its almost like a bible...
Yea it's all fun and games into you hurt someone else in an accident......
I'm sorry man, you sound extremely immature with the attitude your displaying =\

As sineo said...safety.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

racing.. hmmmm.. when i had my WRX and Talon I wouldnt mind blowing off the line through second gear than shutting down when the other person realizes they have no chance... but now I dont race anything with the fear of my beautiful car getting mopped by a mini van

Old 05-19-2008, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

well it was still in your hands to race him or not, but yea after i came back from germany, driving many german cars like they had, station wagon golf tdi that felt really light and was quicker then my car for sure, bmw 320 08' that was light , porsce carrera gt3 not even compariable, opel astra was light too. when i came back my car felt like a heavy brick on the road. i think its the 1.8t motor is not enough torque and hp for the b5s frame. unless you do some mods chip exhaust maybe ak04 upgrade, but if you are just chipped or stock, the car feels like a turtle off the line.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 AM

True, these cars have a weak stock power to weight ratio. My old volvo weighed a lot, but it picked up with the stock turbo. What exactly adds to the excess of weight in our cars? It can't just be the motor. Is the framing thicker that most cars?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM
3rd Gear

Well if we were ever in a collision with any other compact car you know who's got the advantage.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

its yo'fat a$$ chillin in the car!@ no.. i dont really know why our cars feel so heavy. but then again if my car is dead i can stick one leg out the door and start to push it while sitting in it.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

I hit a doe @ 80 about a month ago and it didn't even scratch my car. She didnn't make it, however. Street racing is for immature kids... we have a very curvy road down here adjacent to Fort Rucker that all the young hotshot pilot wannabeslike to fly down on their crotch rockets at 100 MPH. I think to myself when I see these guys what they must be thinking. Nothing.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Hey! I ain't got a fat ***! It's my personal air bag cushion. I just have to worry about not having it explode in my face, cause then bad things happen!! GOT IT!?

Haha, jk. Seriously, having a heavy car is not something I mind. At least I can rest assured that if someone was gonna smash me or vice versa, I'd have something solid to do it with and have a better chance of surviving. Unlike my old Dodge Colt. I swear 4 12 year olds could have carried that thing on their backs it was so light. Probably would have been like a fly smashing into a windsheild. No chance of survival.

Only racing I've done was being challenged by my friend on who can get from San Jose to Sacramento the fastest. I had my Volvo then, and we each had 3 extra passengers. With both of us on speaker phone, we heard a lot of screaming from our friends. How stupid I was.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: steezybme

safety doesnt mean jack if you are seen anywhere near racing and a cop goes after them but sees your car and decides to pull you just because it looks like it could be convictable... thats where the whole safety bullS%$# went out the window...

It almost seems like you have to have a bone stock car, go 10 mph under the speed limit not get pulled...

if you plan to even change the appearance of your car plan to get pulled over well thats for gay
VA anyway...
Is everyone just ignoring this guy? Is that the plan?

Quick Reply: Why i don't race (not a crash story)