B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Why i don't race (not a crash story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Why i don't race (not a crash story)

So when im on the street i don't race. plain and simple... There are lots of guys who get next to me who would like me to but i just don't do it simply because its not worth the risks.

Well tonight i get caught leaving the station where i work(which is almost exactly a quarter mile down the 4 lane street i live by) and im speeding at about 60(which i dont usually do except for late after work when no ones around) and this really clean white new GTI pulls out just a couple hundred feet ahead of me and he must see my HID's cause he quickly picks up speed pretty soon i find that im in a way "racing" this respectable GTI.

I think to myself "this is actually the first time i have "raced" someone after 2 1/2 years of owning my car. I figure its a decent matchup but of course i discover the reasons why so many guys throw the big turbos on there a4's and beef em' up real nice like. The damn guy totally kills me off the line and i realize whats happening so i kill it halfway through 3rd gear.

I think to myself the whole way home "WHY DO THESE CARS HAVE TO BE SO EFFING HEAVY?!?!?!?!!?!?!?" I just feel that sloppy weight distribution pull my car back as the GTI accelerates away from me. IM pretty sure he has some good mods, not sure if it was a turbo but i wouldnt be surprised if it was a vr6 and in that case i dont feel so bad. wait do they even make a vr6 anymore lol!

All i can say is the feeling is much like getting beat by your little brother. Atleast it wasnt an integra or a neon hahaha!!! ...shut up

Old 05-18-2008, 03:06 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Why i don't race (not a crash story)

Tonight, I got beat off the line by a Ford Fusion. I didn't know we were racing, but with the leap he got, it might not have mattered even if I had known.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:09 AM
SoCal Crew Member

facking obese audis...

Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
2nd Gear

see thats y if someone tries to race me, i just drive calm till i get in third, then mash the trottle all the way through third, by time i pass em im goin pretty fast so it looks like i have a fast car. other then that no 1/4mile runs for me. (not until the BT at least, which seems to be gettin further and further away.)

Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
5th Gear

I can't believe how many people I've had want to race me, even knowing my car's numbers and that it's completely stock.

Are peoples' egos really that bad?? I'm guessing so when a kid in a modded 5.0 Mustang consistently asks you about wanting to race... [&o]

Old 05-18-2008, 09:52 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

I can't believe how many people I've had want to race me, even knowing my car's numbers and that it's completely stock.

Are peoples' egos really that bad?? I'm guessing so when a kid in a modded 5.0 Mustang consistently asks you about wanting to race... [&o]
I like your new sig pic, but how come you don't do the CC mod?

Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

I like your new sig pic, but how come you don't do the CC mod?
Thanks...I took that after it got a badly-needed bath this afternoon.

I'm still debating the CC mod. The ambers really don't bother me, but I do think it would look cleaner without them. School's almost out, so if I do decide to do it I will actually have the time...I've been averaging around 27-28 hours per week at work, so I haven't really had a whole lot of free time.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

I'm still debating the CC mod. The ambers really don't bother me, but I do think it would look cleaner without them. School's almost out, so if I do decide to do it I will actually have the time...I've been averaging around 27-28 hours per week at work, so I haven't really had a whole lot of free time.
Yeah, the amber in our lights is pretty subtle or at least not very offensive, but, man! It sure does make a difference getting those out of there. You won't regret it.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

what is wrong with u people take every chance you get to race... lifes not worth living if you cant enjoy every second of it... Once you race and start to mod you will understand what it means to call your car your baby... its kinda funny to hear people say that but once your behind the wheel there is respect and excitement... Watch IMV FILMS VICE OF BAD FOLK personally now its almost like a bible...

Old 05-18-2008, 11:18 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: steezybme

what is wrong with u people take every chance you get to race... lifes not worth living if you cant enjoy every second of it... Once you race and start to mod you will understand what it means to call your car your baby... its kinda funny to hear people say that but once your behind the wheel there is respect and excitement... Watch IMV FILMS VICE OF BAD FOLK personally now its almost like a bible...
Safety first.

Quick Reply: Why i don't race (not a crash story)