B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: A poll
01 audi a4 1.8t sport package 54km
94.74%
03 jetta 1.8t wolfsburg red/black 64km
5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Why does everyone say "DONT GET AN AUDI"?? PLEASE HELP info on car i want to

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Why does everyone say "DONT GET AN AUDI"?? PLEASE HELP info on car i want to

Why does everyone say "DONT GET AN AUDI"??
Because they're idiots.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Why does everyone say "DONT GET AN AUDI"?? PLEASE HELP info on car i want to

The Audi engine will also be easier to work on.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear

audis do have little gay costs for maintenance - i might have to pay like $500 for the tip mangets replaced

Old 06-15-2006, 07:34 PM

ok ya im not to worried about maintance costs cause i can do most or my firends dad can do it for dirt cheep i jsut dont want **** breaking every seccond.....and also i jsut called insurnce and they will get back to me tomorrow so as long as its not to crazy i will be picking up this car tomorrow afternoon i cant wait and i hope insurance doesent rape me and **** me over

Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyinb501

Because they're idiots.
And because they drive fords

Old 06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

There is a perception that Audi's are unreliable...this is largely not the case. If your friends have examples of "I know a guy who had to buy a whole new tranny" etc., there are horror-stories for every kind of car....sometimes you get unlucky and get a crappy one. Get the car inspected before you buy it, then be prepared to maintain it properly, and it'll run just fine. I'd say the cost of maintainence for an Audi is a bit higher than, say, a Geo Metro...but that's the price you pay for driving a finely tuned German engine instead of some crappy junker.

I don't know much about the "Wolfsburg" tuning...similar to an Audi sport package?....but those two cars you listed are damn near identical....Audi=VW the same way Lexus=Toyota and Infiniti=Nissan. If the Audi has quattro and the prices are close, definitely buy the Audi.

Audi > VW the same way Lexus > Toyota and Infiniti > Nissan

Old 06-16-2006, 12:46 AM
4th Gear

Because they'll quietly envy you. All my honda friends use to talk **** when I told them I'm getting an Audi, "dude audi sucks", "man get a RSX Audis got too many problems", "hahaha your getting an Audi?" Now they all wanna drive it and I see the envy in there eyes, I love it lol

Old 06-16-2006, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey25

Because they'll quietly envy you. All my honda friends use to talk **** when I told them I'm getting an Audi, "dude audi sucks", "man get a RSX Audis got too many problems", "hahaha your getting an Audi?" Now they all wanna drive it and I see the envy in there eyes, I love it lol
Same, I made them tried my car and they all fell in love :P

I have a friend who is mad confuse dnow he likes spped and damn he realised what kind of chick magnet an audi can be when driven in the right places :P

Old 06-16-2006, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

you know they both use the same 1.8 turbo, except with the audi, youll have an audi, maintain the engine well and treat it nice and you will be fine

Old 06-16-2006, 12:54 PM

alright thanks for the help guys and hopefully tomorrow at this time i will have pictures to post of my kew A4 lol

Quick Reply: Why does everyone say "DONT GET AN AUDI"?? PLEASE HELP info on car i want to