B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Who wants some BT a4 vids?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Slut

Oh and a bored out motor doesnt mean MORE boost, it just means it spools quicker. But Building the motor def means you can run more boost.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Oh and a bored out motor doesnt mean MORE boost, it just means it spools quicker. But Building the motor def means you can run more boost.
i knew that part..... just reiterating... and i feel you on buying stuff over and over..... but if my turbo is still in good shape, i can transplant it to another car and just get a tune or sell it to someone or make a paper weight if it is not good anymore, all i will need is the turbo and manifold for the out side of the motor

Old 08-21-2010, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

Sucks that your going to be buying alot of the same stuff twice. Which is why i caution people before buying an elim and alot of supporting mods to spend a little more and put a smallish BT in that uses most of the same parts as a BAT. Then your only spending the money once on most of that ****. I think me and Mike have argued about this at least once or twice.
Well most people that go Elim dont have plans to go any bigger or make more then 300whp since their cars are daily drivers and dont really push the cars really hard to redline all that often. Plus the biggest reason people go Elim is because they can have 300hp while keeping the engine bay looking 100% stock. Cant really do that while going T3.

A big thing is that most people tend to take small steps when increasing the power, you wont really see all that many people going from 150hp to 600+hp all in 1 step seeing that would not be very cheap.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Guru

i agree with both to an extent.... faster in the fact that multiple upgrades is costly, where as what mike says about one huge upgrade can be costly too

my reasoning and i think most peoples is.... going bigger(elim or small bt) is a huge jump for these cars.... while not having to change much.... but like with a chip... that increase can get old and pretty quick...... with me though, i am a speed junky, boost is the best thing since sliced bread(i came from the n/a world).... this little snail is a million times better than any n/a car i have owned or the k03..... i drove a chevy truck(v6) for work which is just plain slow.... so when i get in my car to go home, i have fun....just the elim kit has made my car faster than most of the guys i know, and if i get in a "race" i can probably beat most cars i "race"

now that being said, i know i don't have bt s4 power, built mustang or camaro power or most of the japanese turbo cars power with minor mods(evo/sti/srt4).... but built motor for me will be more fun and then i can go with a bat setup and beat just about anything that would want to race, but by then.... i will know it and not really want to.... so i go to the track and do like mike does to just about everything he races

disclaimer: i don't condone street racing.... /disclaimer

but this is flynn's thread and we need to try and stay on topic.... but if he doesn't get video's up soon we can officially take it over..... and to flynn you should come down, we can go to gateway and run the two cars

Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Site Moderator

hah! "small bt" Thats good ****.

Yeah..... Where are the vids flynn?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
but like with a chip... that increase can get old and pretty quick......
I think thats where most people get their self into trouble seeing that they dont actually end up enjoying the car with what it has before moving on for more power. I have seen way too many A4 owners throw a turbo into their car to change it out a month later because they think they need another 20hp. What I find really funny is the A4 owners that feel they need a 900hp turbo to make 600hp instead of actually running a smaller turbo harder to make 600hp and a wider power band.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
What I find really funny is the A4 owners that feel they need a 900hp turbo to make 600hp instead of actually running a smaller turbo harder to make 600hp and a wider power band.
Why you gotta make fun of me mike? Lol...
I run a bigger turbo than i need/use because I am realistic that I will need/use it in the near future and dont want to pay for yet another turbo. Kind of like the same reason I think people shouldn't run an elim when they know they are going to go bigger soon.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Guru

see, i bought my car in 06, not knowing **** about boosted cars.... read here and az.... more here cause at that time az was all about bt builds and not much on us "stock" guys

in 08 i started looking into those threads and just reading(yes i can read)

then mike left dth and i bugged the **** out of him..... i told him my goal for the car, and he told me where i should go(to hell)

i am very happy with this turbo, but i know in 2 yrs i will want more.... and going from say 150-170 awhp to say 250-280 awhp is a big jump..... i will be building my motor top and bottom, and taking it to at least a 2.0 if not bigger once i have another car..... then after that fun wears off by say 2 yrs.... i will go bat(probably precision something or maybe getting into the holset market)

Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
4th Gear

Why you gotta make fun of me mike? Lol...
I run a bigger turbo than i need/use because I am realistic that I will need/use it in the near future and dont want to pay for yet another turbo. Kind of like the same reason I think people shouldn't run an elim when they know they are going to go bigger soon.
Not making fun of you

Just look on AZ and you will see a bunch of A4 owners running 900+hp turbos just so they can try hitting 500whp. lol

Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
see, i bought my car in 06, not knowing **** about boosted cars.... read here and az.... more here cause at that time az was all about bt builds and not much on us "stock" guys

in 08 i started looking into those threads and just reading(yes i can read)

then mike left dth and i bugged the **** out of him..... i told him my goal for the car, and he told me where i should go(to hell)

i am very happy with this turbo, but i know in 2 yrs i will want more.... and going from say 150-170 awhp to say 250-280 awhp is a big jump..... i will be building my motor top and bottom, and taking it to at least a 2.0 if not bigger once i have another car..... then after that fun wears off by say 2 yrs.... i will go bat(probably precision something or maybe getting into the holset market)
I would be more then happy with a Elim kit if I had a daily driver A4, it has a very nice power band for a street car and the fact that I know I can put that thing well into the 12's which is pretty quick for a 4 door 3200+ lbs car. I wouldn't have any problems putting most new V8 cars that are on the street to shame.

Quick Reply: Who wants some BT a4 vids?