B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Who wants some BT a4 vids?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
4th Gear

Size doesn't matter, it's all in how you use it... of course, this is coming from the guy with the really... small...

...turbo!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
4th Gear

Well you know what they say about guys with a small turbo, always short

on power :P

Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

I don't need to compensate for my size...

Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
Well you know what they say about guys with a small turbo, always short

on power :P

Hahaha... love it!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Last edited by CCA4; 08-17-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: broken linky
Old 08-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by flynnr
you are a little out there to assume that your gtrs car is superior to my gt2860rs
all he said was:
Originally Posted by turbo kraut
i want to see one of you racing a gtrs car
But in actuality he wouldnt really be that "out there" even if he had said something like that.
Originally Posted by Jc61990
didnt get it on video he wouldnt do it again for me to record it but it was great
it was a 4.5k dump and he just like floated for 5sec then was out
STI is probably the easiest AWD car to launch or do donuts in stock.

and trust me - if he had his dyno'd i could give a **** less because dyno's to me are skewed... give it a few years until we can get that all figured out. Until then a 1/4 mile slip is all that can really tell. which neither of us have (to my knowledge)
Why do you say dynos are skewed? Especially if you got on the same one back to back. And what do you need a few years to figure out? If anything drag racing is skewed because theres skill involved. Any idiot can WOT on a dyno, but on a track, 2 people running the same car can have very different results.

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
A few years back I had a chance to run 3 B6's with 3 different turbos all running the exact same tune/fueling. 1 GTRS elim, 1 GT2871r Elim and 1 real GT2871r T25. All 3 ran within .1 of each other (12.7-12.8).
Now thats interesting, but understandable. Kinda proves my point Mike.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
all he said was:

But in actuality he wouldnt really be that "out there" even if he had said something like that.

STI is probably the easiest AWD car to launch or do donuts in stock.

Why do you say dynos are skewed? Especially if you got on the same one back to back. And what do you need a few years to figure out? If anything drag racing is skewed because theres skill involved. Any idiot can WOT on a dyno, but on a track, 2 people running the same car can have very different results.

but yea if we were at the same dyno, with runs right after eachother i would be cool with that, but we are hundreds of miles away and i could honestly care less lol. als i know is that my car is fun as **** and im having a blast with it

Now thats interesting, but understandable. Kinda proves my point Mike.
Yeah i was basing it off an old thread that we were kinda going back and forth in a while ago. heres his quote

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
i'd run flynnr and his new disco..... and make him wish he had a baby bt...... :P
and i say dyno's are skewed because everyone says "oh this dyno was running low, or it was a mustang dyno, so it would be XX.XX higher on another dyno" and all that shiz. I said give it a couple of years until the dyno's are ALL required to have a universal test subject or benchmark or something so EVERY dyno reads the same...

i just think sitting there, and basing who'se car is better on a dyno slip (NOTHING like driving against one another) is pointless... you should have to take into account the driver too cause anyone can hire mike for a day and say go race for me... well, to me thats just not the same IMO.

just my 2 euro's

Last edited by flynnr; 08-17-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

anyone can hire mike for a day and say go race for me...
Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

Mike "the stig" Ringer lol

Old 08-17-2010, 02:51 PM
4th Gear

Yeah i was basing it off an old thread that we were kinda going back and forth in a while ago. heres his quote

and i say dyno's are skewed because everyone says "oh this dyno was running low, or it was a mustang dyno, so it would be XX.XX higher on another dyno" and all that shiz. I said give it a couple of years until the dyno's are ALL required to have a universal test subject or benchmark or something so EVERY dyno reads the same...
never going to happen for the dynos. They will always different, you will even get different readings in 2 places because of the conditions. Cant even compare the same car on the same dyno on 2 different days because the outcome will be completely different. Only compare runs done on the same dyno and very close to each other, so 2 cars back to back on the same dyno.

Its also not good to compare 1/4 mile times of cars running at different tracks. Just because 1 car is faster at their track vs another car running at another track doesn't mean the second car will be slower if both cars run at the same track on the same day. At that point both cars are running in the same exact conditions.

Quick Reply: Who wants some BT a4 vids?