B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

"Whining" sound on start up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 PM

I actually sent TheDevil a private message to see if he would be willing to help out. My husband is willing to drive a couple of hours for someone to do it right. According to MapQuest, Binghamton is about 2.5 hours from us, so that's not too bad.
Thanks for all the replies!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
4th Gear

Yep, that will get his attention. Again, good luck with all of this, hope you resolve your issues... glad we could help!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Lol I feel just, well, so loved guys! Lol yep I got her PM and replied. Hudson Valley isn't all that far from us here in Binghamton, certainly within striking distance for a day trip. It does look like either a plug or the coil pack (seems like wires rarely fail on our cars). If they are able to come down, I'm sure we will get things straightened out.

Just so the info is out here and searchable, our friend Bill had the cold squeak on his ATQ Passat and it turned out to be the serpentine tensioner (which was confirmed after it blew).

All kidding aside, thank you for the votes of confidence guys. Hiwords and I talked via text today and he's down for working on the car as well. I'm sure that we will be able to get this thing straightened out

Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
4th Gear

Dut duh duh DAAHHH! Devil to the rescue!