B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

yea i dont blame you.. i definatley think the one piece look better.. i guess one of the biggest reasons i got the clear corners and not the depos is because of money. even tho that is a good deal for nice looking/working headlights, i gotta get my rear wheel speed sensor fixed, new rear brakes.. and of course APR and a few other things so.. this was the cheap/easy solution i guess?? ill post pics once they come in.. should be like monday im guessing.. if i dont like them or they get old.. no biggy ill move on.. we all go through alot of changes with our cars anyway. constant evolution i like to call it...

Old 08-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Administrator

I paid $147.99 shipped from Makoto for my clear depo lights and I L-O-V-E them. I had clear corners with my OEM reflector headlights before that (for about a week, until they fell apart) and they looked like hell IMO. Not to mention, the OEM non-projector lights suck - Depos with halogens light the road better than OEM lights with HIDs (I've had both setups), so when you HID the Depos, you can see anything in your county from the driveway (this is what I have now, and it's definitely FTW).

Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Site Moderator

Sorry this is OT, but is that a Yuengling in your hand Upstate?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Yessir - nothing but Although I have developed a taste for Landshark lately too. But Yuengling still holds all ten spots on my top-ten beers list (that one was at a Dave Matthews concert in June). We tend to have a few in the garage at my house when working on cars. These are the empties from doing my wheel bearing replacement and working on Yu's (Hiwords') wheel bearing, plus a couple afternoons of just hanging out:

Old 08-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Site Moderator

Excellent. Yuengling FTW.. We dont' get it here in Ohio. I'd have to take a trip to PA if I wanted a taste.. I was recently in N.C. and noticed they sell it there. I came home with 4 cases They are gone

Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Heheh, yeah that does suck - I'd move if I were you. Hell, shoot me a PM and I can ship you some No man should be denied his Yuengling!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Site Moderator

Well, beer has always been a significant determining factor for where I go, so ya... Maybe I should throw a for sale sign in the yard tomorrow.... Thanks for offering to ship some. I'll keep it in mind

Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
but its kinda fun? haha yea youre right i wont.. but it would look siick no doubt.. are you thinking about doing RS4 reps in the future? if i ever get the set of HRE's that i want.. ill give them to you for close to nothing.. problem is i dunno when my money tree is gunna fill out again in order for me to get them..

C20 is sick wheels! i have those on my E46 M3! amazing wheels

Old 08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

well from reading all of this i might regret my decision.. but it sounds like all you guys (and girls) went from the cleared corners to the DEPOs anyway so.. i might end up doing the same if they junk out or dont look good.. i guess im gunna find out in a few days. and that beer you guys are talking about, is it a darker beer? cause it looks delicious =) haha if you ever want an amazing dark beer, try Long Trail Double Bag.. 7.2% by volume and its amazingly smooth.. and i feel ya on the landshark.. excellent haha

Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by UpstateNYA4
Yessir - nothing but Although I have developed a taste for Landshark lately too. But Yuengling still holds all ten spots on my top-ten beers list (that one was at a Dave Matthews concert in June). We tend to have a few in the garage at my house when working on cars. These are the empties from doing my wheel bearing replacement and working on Yu's (Hiwords') wheel bearing, plus a couple afternoons of just hanging out:
I just did a rear wheel bearing this weekend. My buddy has a 20 Ton press. It did the job, but still took longer than I thought to press out and press in. Not as simple as I imagined, although taking out the hub/housing was pretty straight forward. Damn Upstate, your garage looks like it's got about as much emptys as we used to save up in college (usually a weeks worth) then fill up the whole trunk and back seat of the VW Golf to cash in for bottle deposits.

Quick Reply: where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift