B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
4th Gear

I have DEPO 2-piece lights - see sig! They're cake to install, too; since you don't have to trim the fenders. Straight up plug-and-play. You won't have fog lights anymore, though - the switch will now controll the DRL lights, so you may eventually want to get a set of facelift fogs.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
1st Gear

I got sick of the amber and didnt feel like buying any, so i smoked mine.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
2nd Gear

the more and more i see the DEPOs the more i wanna go with them.. i do like having the fogs but it isnt like crucial.. could always go facelift fogs. i did order the clear corners last night so once i throw them on, ill see how they do and look.. if they bomb out then i guess ill go DEPO and facelift fogs later on.. the smoked doesnt look bad at all, but just isnt my style..

Old 08-06-2008, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
the more and more i see the DEPOs the more i wanna go with them.. i do like having the fogs but it isnt like crucial.. could always go facelift fogs. i did order the clear corners last night so once i throw them on, ill see how they do and look.. if they bomb out then i guess ill go DEPO and facelift fogs later on.. the smoked doesnt look bad at all, but just isnt my style..
Give me your wheels, kthx.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear

hahaha maybe we can work something out.. your avant would look even more amazing with those and dropped.. i can see it now..

Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear

hahaha maybe we can work something out.. your avant would look even more amazing with those and dropped.. i can see it now..
Don't tease me.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
Don't tease me.

but its kinda fun? haha yea youre right i wont.. but it would look siick no doubt.. are you thinking about doing RS4 reps in the future? if i ever get the set of HRE's that i want.. ill give them to you for close to nothing.. problem is i dunno when my money tree is gunna fill out again in order for me to get them..

Last edited by osin34; 08-07-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: forgot a pic..
Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
3rd Gear

but its kinda fun? haha yea youre right i wont.. but it would look siick no doubt.. are you thinking about doing RS4 reps in the future? if i ever get the set of HRE's that i want.. ill give them to you for close to nothing.. problem is i dunno when my money tree is gunna fill out again in order for me to get them..

Well, I need new tires soon, so to me that means time to get new wheels. Money allowing, I would absolutely get RS4 reps, but it's more likely that I'll buy a set of B7 take-offs with very low miles. But if I ever buy anything that isn't stock, it'll be RS4 reps no doubt. There's nothing else for me.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear

Well, Sine had one of the corners fall out, so that's also why she went with the one-piece the second time. Yeah, I gotta say the one-piece look better. I had the facelift (2000) car, so I just did the clear corner mod. Hope you like the new ones.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Bogie
Well, Sine had one of the corners fall out, so that's also why she went with the one-piece the second time.

It's true that one of my corners fell out...three times...on the highway. But that was because I mangled the locking tab. That's not at all why I went with one-piece lights though. I found the set of lights and tails for $50 on craigslist and bought them, listed both those and the Depos I had for sale and the Depos sold first, so I kept the one-piece lights.

Quick Reply: where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift