B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift

first off congrats Sineo for becoming a mod.. im not the biggest supporting member on this forum but everything ive read that you have posted is alot of help and it doesnt hurt that youre pretty badass haha.. anyways

ECS sells them, but they are on backorder.. lltek sells them for 77 a side which is straight up redunc.. it didnt appear to me that you could do the clear corner mod DIY on the two piece pre face lift headlights.. soo how did everyone else get theres? beat the rush on ECS or what.. thanks in advance everyone

Old 08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Site Moderator

Good question... I see a lot of people smoke them. Not like in a hooka, but you know what I mean.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM

i've seen the smoked look too, but imo, they look like jetta headlights

Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Site Moderator

Oh I thought he was talking about the small fender signals... Yeah, Im not a fan of smoked anything, myself. Well.... You know what I mean...

Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
2nd Gear

haha yea i have cleared fender signals... now its time for cleared corners and i just cant get myself to spend 77 each. just cant seem to find them anywhere else.. guess ill have to either wait til i get 2 piece projectors from lltek.com and get the bulb package with them, which is a sick deal.. or wait til ECS comes in with them and get the Syo bulbs..

Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
3rd Gear

If I were you, I would buy eBay Depos for like $150 shipped. They don't require any modifications to the car and look great. Seal them up with silicone and you'll be set! I don't know what ECS' clearcorners look like, but you can buy Depo corner lights here:

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/prod...c60fb3c25e41a3

Not sure how they'd look because I'm pretty sure what's ugly about pre-facelift headlights isn't the corner lights! I would get the two-piece Depos from makotoautotrends on eBay. They ship really quickly, too. I have one-piece lights now, but only because I bought a set of facelift heads AND tails for $50 shipped. Otherwise, I'd still be rocking the Depos.

And thanks, by the way. I know this thread isn't strictly a welcome thread, but I'll count it anyway. That's 4 welcome threads .

Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear

thanks alot Sineo.. yea i mean the two piece non projector OEMs really dont bother me much, they have a good beam pattern (coming from a jeep cherokee to an Audi) and im gunna get new bulbs prolly.. but the corners im not a fan of.. those corners you sent the link to actually look real good.. and i think would look way better than the orange corners. the depos im thinking of, i think i remember seeing them on your car before maybe? and it seemed like the lens cover on them was like kinda like a bubble? i could be totally wrong too, i just dunno if i liked the looks of them or not.. but i thank you so much for the link to those cleared corners cause thats really what i wanted. im gunna check out those depos on ebay though and see if i wanna rock them.. i mean you did so they gotta be sick right?

and youre welcome for the welcome... haha nothing more badass than a girl with a sick avant being a moderator. thanks for the advice i really appreciate it

Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 PM
5th Gear

i kid you not, your car will look 10x better with the DEPOs. this is from personal experience. and i better watch how i talk to sieno now lol

Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
the depos im thinking of, i think i remember seeing them on your car before maybe? and it seemed like the lens cover on them was like kinda like a bubble?
I had black Depos. These are them:

Name:  DSCF0517.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  85.9 KB
Name:  DSCF0454.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  116.3 KB

They look just like one-piece lights...only they're two-piece . Not sure what you mean that the lens was kind of like a bubble...they're pretty smooth.

It looks like I lied about the price though...they WERE $150 shipped. They're more now.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear

yea see i dunno what i was talking about with the lens being like a bubble.. those look real good.. i just ordered the clear corners.. so if i get sick of them or just plain old dont like them? im rockin the depos..

Quick Reply: where have all the clear corners gone? pre facelift