B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Where can I buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Where can I buy!!

Im trying to find H&R race lowering springs for my front wheel drive a4 1.8t. I can only seem to find it for the quattro. Are the quattro and front wheel drive springs different?

The reason why I want the H&R race springs is because they have the the most aggressive lowering without going to coilovers. I figure I can use my stock sport shocks for now. Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

FWD and Quattro are different.

Check out PureMS. They should carry what you're looking for.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 PM
3rd Gear

I have a set of H&R sports for your car if you want 'em. Give me an offer.

I know you are looking for the race setup but I couldn't help offer them up

Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by teeebagTOM
The reason why I want the H&R race springs is because they have the the most aggressive lowering without going to coilovers. I figure I can use my stock sport shocks for now. Thanks
You'll ruin the sport shocks in no time and the car will bounce around like an inflatable funhouse matching sport shocks with H&R Race springs. The best you can do is an Eibach Pros with sport shocks if you aren't swapping out the shocks. Even then, Bilstein HDs or sports are recommended. But you're a FrontTrack-er, so read on.

If you check H&R's website, they don't make race springs for FrontTrack. They break it down into Sport, Touring Cup, and Sport Cup. Check out their authorized dealers if you're interested. Looks like the lowest you can drop a FrontTrack with H&R with springs alone is Sport.

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/

Check out VMaxx coilovers if you just want to drop it on a budget.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

FRECK! Thanks for the info!

I might have to go vmaxx. Is the vmaxx just the adjustable coilovers? Or does it come with aftermarket shocks as well?

Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

nevermind i found the website and by looking at the pictures its a full coilover set. its a deal though. 649.99 free shipping.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

yeah you would be paying about $250 for the springs alone and about $500 for a nice pair of shocks to compliment them. and this way you can dump it one week and have it riding high the next!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

Well, in order to get a nice ride or better handling out of the Vmaxx, you'll still need beefier shocks then OE sport to prevent bouncing off the bump stops. Vmaxx is a great way to get the car to look good. If you're serious about handling, you'll drop the extra cash on some Bilstein HD or Bilstein Sports and some big sways, or just go with an H&R cup kit to begin with.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

not super serious about handling. just daily driving stuff.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 AM
2nd Gear

I am interested. I was planning on going H&R sports + Blistien sports. That age old combo. I need my ride height because I'm a snowboarder and a kayaker, both demand some resonable ground clearance. But I still want to improve my handling and get rid of my "stock lift kit."

Now for $650 thats a hell of a deal, but am I getting the same quality ride? Or even close?