B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

whazzup 5ers..here's da deal *ultamatum*

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Default RE: whazzup 5ers..here's da deal *ultamatum*

Hey, just an idea, but why don't you just suffer for a little bit and save some money while driving your car like it is, and then use the money you saved up to buy a nicer car AND have money to mod... Patience is a virtue my son.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Slut

rat-rods are the way to go... i love seeing some old pile of a 32 ford or something rip new vettes and such...

Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

man y couldnt i ever have a teacher that drove a modded a4? if i were you i would wait on the body work like most people said. i know you might think like i do and think that if your car looks like **** everyone is gunna think its ****, but if it looks nice and runs bad thats just the same. thats y i would make it run nice and then just suprise the people when you drive away and the car sounds nice as hell. trust me, this is comming from a guy with two obvious dents from a bat in the trunk and by the tail light, and a paint chip missing in the door. its not really my fault its from something that happend in december. but my car is running really nice right now, and i spend most ofmy time around the car is actually in it, so its easy to forget how it looks sometimes. anyway im done rambling. good luck with your car.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 01afour

man y couldnt i ever have a teacher that drove a modded a4?
Haha he's not your average teacher, thats for sure.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:54 PM

^ hahah, +1...

so #1...if I bought another car it would be a B5 A4 2.8QM or an older BMW E46 (3 series, like a 2000/2001)...

I think I am going to stick with the car I have...I have had american muscle (and I still would if it wasn't for that damn connecting rod!)

---fasterA4than... I had a nissan '70 240z that I was gunna build up, but I had to get rid of it about two weeks ago, I really don't have time or the money right now for a car that needs alot of love and attention...( I will have to say that the audi is a pretty needy b!tch sometimes...lol)

---01AFour....my motor and tranny are very healthy and function phenomenally...the biggest problems I have with my car right now are

1- it NEEDS new motor/tranny mounts and front upper control arms....I will be DIYing these in the next two weeks
2-the swirl marks, water spots, sratches, door dings and some of the sexiest custom key engravings you have ever seen

this one is called the tornado! (trunk)
Name:  mine5.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  45.3 KB
and there's a really nice lightning bolt on the hood as well!

3-my tremendous freakin wheel gap...which a saet of coilovers will permanently remove!
4-Lack of chip...it's not really a proble, but it would be nice to have that lil extra kik...8psi is barely cutting it!

I think that I should take care of them in the order I listed....I may not, but this seems logical for me....

I am going to try and do 1,2 &3 all in the same month or so.... (the body and paint work will take two weeks! (which means I wont have a freakin car!) I'll prolly take it in over spring break...we'll see

any further input?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

i say get some body work done and do what it takes to get your motor up to par again.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear

wow now that ive seen the paint i think u got the order right. id say deff. keep the car, and just do what you listed pretty much in that order.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:34 AM

yeah, I went to new york a little over a year ago and I left my car at my apartment... I left on super short notice which pissed off the girl I was living with royally...she kept asking when i was coming back, and I didn't know...so after about a week of harrassment about my return I finally said that I would come back whenever the fu<K i felt like it...lol

so, when I finally returned, I came back to an entirely empty apartment and a fu<ked up car...thank God I had the keys!

I would like to say right now that the car drives smooth, quiet, healthily...the car never misses a beat...but upon inspection:

one of my motor mount has the dried up red jelly on it (which means I might as well replace both of them and the snub while I have the motor jacked up/same idea w the tranny)...and the rubber booties on my control arms are doin some leakin...

after I take care of those couple small things then I would have to say that my car has just had it's ten year old birthday and it cant think of anything better than a new coat!

I'll definately keep everyone updated, and I'll be takin pics of the mounts and arms for shure

Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 PM

1 word: S4!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

all show, no go

Quick Reply: whazzup 5ers..here's da deal *ultamatum*