B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

whats a good way to spend 4k

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
4th Gear

yea but rs4 **** is 6 speed.. mine is only a 5 speed so i dont wanna fake the funk lol

Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

Whats your ultimate goal with this car?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
4th Gear

ultimate goal is have a nice, good looking, comfortable car... not necessarily show car status but enough thats gonna make people do a double take, whether it be at meets or just driving by

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

What about some wheel spacers stick those fresh new boots your gettin out a little

Old 09-14-2009, 04:13 PM

to be perfectly honesty, their is no point in spending money on your car. buy a big screen tv and surround sound, or save for a down payment on a home or something. if you had a 1.8T, then that would be a different story.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
3rd Gear

You don't need much to make your car a nice, good looking, comfortable car. If I was in your position with a pretty much stock 160k 12v, here's what I'd do with $4000 (without bagging it )
Exterior
Coilovers (not vmaxx. I'd try and find a nicer, working used set) ~$800 (assuming you will install yourself, it's easy to do)
Skid plate. ~$300
Your wheels/tires that you're getting for $250 (making sure the tires won't rub or cause problems after lowering?)
Rear spacers ~$130
Updated taillights ~$80 (yours are just the 96-98.0 taillights, nothing too special about them beside most people dislike them)
Facelift headlights ~$130 / Depo ecodes if you don't want amber turns ~$240
Blue or yellow tinted bulbs for high beams ~$15
Clear/smoked side markers ~$15
LED license plate bulbs ~$10
Magnaflow / some kind of good muffler ~$120
Respray front bumper / other parts that could use it $???
-~1630 + respray
Interior
Cover headliner, pillars and rear speaker deck in suede (black, dark red, purple) ~$75-350 (depending on fabric and if you'll do it yourself)
Ebay short shifter ~$30 (I'd keep the shift **** unless yours is in bad shape or you find a good deal or something, money can buy better things)
Black S4 handles and sun visors ~$80
Swap all lights with LEDs ~$30
Chrome gauge rings ~$25
-~$240-$500
Stereo
I'd be more than happy with a 10" sub in a good box and a working amp ~$150

That'd be using only like $2000-$3000. So you'll have enough to maintain / repair the car and buy random goodies you find for the car in the future. Spend ~$100 on cleaning supplies if you don't have much so you can keep the car looking good. Hope that helps..

Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by A4speed
to be perfectly honesty, their is no point in spending money on your car. buy a big screen tv and surround sound, or save for a down payment on a home or something. if you had a 1.8T, then that would be a different story.
well i already have a bose home theatre system and a 52in Philips LCD tv so i think im good in that department... and if i had a 1.8t id sell it and buy the 2.8... and my credit is so far past being fucked its not even funny so i would need like half the house as a down payment lol

Originally Posted by aledelic42
You don't need much to make your car a nice, good looking, comfortable car. If I was in your position with a pretty much stock 160k 12v, here's what I'd do with $4000 (without bagging it )
Exterior
Coilovers (not vmaxx. I'd try and find a nicer, working used set) ~$800 (assuming you will install yourself, it's easy to do)
Skid plate. ~$300
Your wheels/tires that you're getting for $250 (making sure the tires won't rub or cause problems after lowering?)
Rear spacers ~$130
Updated taillights ~$80 (yours are just the 96-98.0 taillights, nothing too special about them beside most people dislike them)
Facelift headlights ~$130 / Depo ecodes if you don't want amber turns ~$240
Blue or yellow tinted bulbs for high beams ~$15
Clear/smoked side markers ~$15
LED license plate bulbs ~$10
Magnaflow / some kind of good muffler ~$120
Respray front bumper / other parts that could use it $???
-~1630 + respray
Interior
Cover headliner, pillars and rear speaker deck in suede (black, dark red, purple) ~$75-350 (depending on fabric and if you'll do it yourself)
Ebay short shifter ~$30 (I'd keep the shift **** unless yours is in bad shape or you find a good deal or something, money can buy better things)
Black S4 handles and sun visors ~$80
Swap all lights with LEDs ~$30
Chrome gauge rings ~$25
-~$240-$500
Stereo
I'd be more than happy with a 10" sub in a good box and a working amp ~$150

That'd be using only like $2000-$3000. So you'll have enough to maintain / repair the car and buy random goodies you find for the car in the future. Spend ~$100 on cleaning supplies if you don't have much so you can keep the car looking good. Hope that helps..

most of what u said sounds good.. i dont understand the blue or yellow tinted bulbs though... and i like my 2 piece headlights so ima keep them, plus if i got updated then i wouldnt have my fogs anymore... and here in bakersfield there are sooo many damn ricers out here that cops pull anything over with an exhaust regardless if it looks stock, they are writing tickets out here for noise violations and crap so ima stay way from exhaust...

i like the suede idea, but i need to fix my dash and other lil things in my car.. like replacing or at least fixing the tears in the leather seats.. very uncomfotable...the paint, im wanting a new color so im jsut gonna repaint the whole thing.. and althought most people dont.. i happen to like my taillights lol.... but last thing.. what are the black s4 handles and what not? what is so special about them?

ooh and almost forgot... the led license plate bulbs.. what number do i get? can i get them at like autozone or something? and i heard something about if u go LED in the license plate that it heats up and burns a hole in something or some **** like that... thanks for the replies guys and sorry im making this response so damn long lol

Old 09-14-2009, 05:13 PM

You are an idiot if you need to ask others how to spend your money... Sell that piece of **** Ariel and get a newer A4. Better yet pay a plastic surgeon to fix that fucked up face of yours.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
4th Gear

wow... ok, and the most immature person on this site is..... evan671... hooray for lil kids playing on the computer

Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 PM

Do you have any life beyond sitting on this forum replying to as many things as possible to boost your posting reputation?

Quick Reply: whats a good way to spend 4k