B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

what is this!? What is it for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

I disconnected the amp and drove around to test it, but the whining sound stills there.
As you said, the alternator makes that noise.
Which cables do you want me to check? The ones that connect to the amp?! They seem ok to me, but idk.
Is there anywhere else to look out?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM
5th Gear

what was happening with mine was i had bare wires touching other bare wires but somehow nothing blew. you can swap out your amp and see if the problem goes away. if not, you have a problem with the ground wire in your car. another thing you can do is get a whole new aftermarket system but that would cost lots of money. they make a device called a ground loop isolator that's supposed to get rid of the whine but i'm not really sure how it would work with the factory system setup.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy

Originally Posted by hiwords
what was happening with mine was i had bare wires touching other bare wires but somehow nothing blew. you can swap out your amp and see if the problem goes away. if not, you have a problem with the ground wire in your car. another thing you can do is get a whole new aftermarket system but that would cost lots of money. they make a device called a ground loop isolator that's supposed to get rid of the whine but i'm not really sure how it would work with the factory system setup.

The visible cables on mine seem ok, I'm sure there are not bare cables touching each other.
I'd like to know about the "Ground look isolator" Does any one know how to install it in our cars?
I guess is this one right?! http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-Audio-SNI-1-...QQcmdZViewItem
well for now I guess I'll have to live with that noise.

Thanks for the info

Last edited by Isramirez21; 09-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Solution

My problem was related with the rear wheel bearing. I just have to change it and hope everything gets back to normal.

http://www.pap-parts.com/prodinfo.as...0598%20625%20A

Anyone knows like how much would a shop charge me to change it? I heard it's a pain to try to change it myself, since I dont have the proper tools.

anyways

thanks

Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

you might need a new one-