B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

what i've been up to

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Site Moderator

not at all finished yet, but this gives you the idea

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

As stated above, pure baller. I love it.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
3rd Gear

I admire your hard work, time and effort you've put into your car, but there isn't much I like about it

Old 02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear

want! are you going to be keeping your carpet gray? I think everything would look better if you found a black or dark blue one
I thought I heard you swapped a 30v in this past year.. you should put a vtec in it

Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
I admire your hard work, time and effort you've put into your car, but there isn't much I like about it
no worries dude. I build the car for myself, not for others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, and thats totally fine with me...in fact, i ENJOY doing things "controversial" that people will either love or hate! its all about thinking outside the box and doing what you want with what you have.

but i've never had a single person give me any bad feedback when seen in person, if that makes a difference :P

Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by a4_2.8tuner
no worries dude. I build the car for myself, not for others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, and thats totally fine with me...in fact, i ENJOY doing things "controversial" that people will either love or hate! its all about thinking outside the box and doing what you want with what you have.

but i've never had a single person give me any bad feedback when seen in person, if that makes a difference :P
Oh I'm all for doing stuff for yourself and not for anyone else, I didn't mean to come off like that. I'm sure it's amazing in person, just certain things I have a hard time getting used to, like that hood . I did pick up the EuroTuner issue just to read the article on you and your car

Instead of being negative though, I will say I love that diamond stitch in the doors. Never seen that before.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Site Moderator

haha honestly i used to HATE the look of boser hoods on the b5 and vowed that i would never get one, because the only ones i'd seen were the CF ones made by DTM autohaus, and i hated the look and shape...but i played around with some ideas and decided to custom make mine to how i liked. to me it looks normal now, and when i see a normal hood, it looks off haha. I think its tough to get used to because the only people i know of that have custom boser hoods are myself and A4Rob over on audizine...ironically enough we both did ours almost identical, around the same time, and neither of us knew the other was doing it haha

Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Site Moderator

here are a few more pics...its coming together.

headliner used to be gray suede, but decided to change it up and go with a black suede. I used suedeliner material, which is a PITA to find, but got it through foamrubbercity out of kent. they were very helpful and this stuff is absolutely amazing to work with. has VERY good wear characteristics.

as for the roll bar, i picked it up for the cheaps from my roomate who is selling his car. We have to retrofit it into my car, since it was originally made for an E46, so a little minor fabrication and its good to go! This will be receiving a coat of burnt orange paint to tie it into the rest of the interior. It will look pretty crazy, but I think it will look good :thumbup:

Old 02-11-2010, 05:19 PM

woah that looks great man. Last time i saw this it had a quarter inch of bondo dust and its fenders were being pulled lol. I like the color combo's

Old 02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
2nd Gear

car looks so good. everything just fits perfectly