B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

is this what i can expect from audi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

sorry thought thats what the point of forums where for help and ideas. my mistake..oh i didnt have time to write down all 11 codes as the kid scanning them for me wasnt supposed to.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

you're right, the point is to help. not to do ALL the leg work. the archives of this forum are a fantastic tool. most of the codes can be searched and a solution can be found pretty easily.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

hey i didnt ask for all the help haha.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nicka430v
hey i didnt ask for all the help haha.
Don't worry man. Just post what you can and we will try and help ya. Some are a little short on here with the search thing but most are really helpful .

Old 04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
3rd Gear

sorry thought thats what the point of forums where for help and ideas. my mistake..
the point of these forums is to answer questions that you cannot figure out on your own- not to do your homework for you. if you just throw a bunch of questions up and sit back and expect everyone to wade thru your post to make sense of it and do your research for you, then that is a waste of everyone else's time and you wont get very many people responding.

if you spend an extra 10 minutes (so that I dont have to spend 10 minutes) and do whatever legwork for us (like posting what the codes mean with them so i dont have to go google every single one), then we can get right to answering your question. that also shows that you took the time to atleast try to find it on your own and that you actually do need help, and arent just looking for someone to spoon feed you information that is readily available.

i wasnt trying to be a jerk about it, just letting you know how to get better results out of future posts.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

i understand that your not trying to be a jerk however i researched the two codes on google and came up with all different meanings, checked in the search box and found only my topic. i dont expect anyone at all to do my homework, but if you have had this same issue your the one im looking to talk to cuz youve already been there and done that. thank you interceptor, i dont understand anything on an audi haha i am a somewhat of mechanic ive done all my own work but i dont know the first thing about this audi lol.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

checked out the 2 codes as they popped back on today it said manufacturer malfunction something about air metering. something to that effect

Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Legal Moderator

checked out the 2 codes as they popped back on today it said manufacturer malfunction something about air metering. something to that effect
its things like this that **** people off. you need to post the exact codes, not just says its some sort of manufacturer malfunction. there are lots of manufacturer malfunctions! dont say "something to that effect" say "this IS what im getting".

Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

well thats the best i can come up with if your good you can help figure it out if you dont want to then dont give me your .02 i dont care to be bitched at. thats all i got i didnt have a pen in my car to write it down and it was a little more detailed it said something about air metering as well in those two codes.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
3rd Gear

thats all i got i didnt have a pen in my car to write it down and it was a little more detailed it said something about air metering as well in those two codes.
well what do you expect then. if you cant find a pen and a napkin to write 6 numbers down on, what the hell do we have to go off of? redline is right, stuff like this does **** people off. how can you expect an answer without giving us any information about the problem?

Quick Reply: is this what i can expect from audi?