B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: What color should i paint the rings on my grille?
leave them the way they are
50.00%
flat/matte red
25.00%
gloss red
20.83%
green (gloss)
8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

what color audi rings should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 AM
4th Gear
Default what color audi rings should i do?

well ehre is the dilemma... i get bored too easily with the same thing... so im changing the rings already on the front... as u can see from my sig they are matte black and my car is a gloss black... so use ur imaginations with the poll options and lemme know what u think i should do

Old 09-01-2009, 03:28 AM
4th Gear

oh, and if u have any other options with the colors or whatever then lemme know... eventually ima order the kamei sport mesh grille... but for now i want something different

Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 AM
2nd Gear

I vote a nice gloss silver. IMO gloss black and matte/flat black dont jive. But be sure to paint the surround as well. (And the rear rings.) Give some contrast, thats what I like.

As for red... come on man, this isn't some type R honda some kid I know painted his VW badge red. That kids a tool. Dont be that guy.

All in good fun of course my vote is silver, but not chrome. Wrinkle coat to give it that one off look?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear

pink.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
3rd Gear

^ pick will add that POP you might be looking for.

Lucky for me my car isn't black, so when I paint my rings body color it should look good.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear

i think red works on some cars, didnt someone do it and it turned out pretty baller? just close your eyes and pick a number out of a hat if you like them all the same! its your choice man

Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kayakman13
....That kids a tool. Dont be that guy.
+1 for the tool comment! LOL! By the way, are the halos in your sig the 1 pieces you are selling?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by kayakman13
I vote a nice gloss silver. IMO gloss black and matte/flat black dont jive. But be sure to paint the surround as well. (And the rear rings.) Give some contrast, thats what I like.

As for red... come on man, this isn't some type R honda some kid I know painted his VW badge red. That kids a tool. Dont be that guy.

All in good fun of course my vote is silver, but not chrome. Wrinkle coat to give it that one off look?

what do u mean wrinkle coat?

also i was thinking... what about a gloss black? still give it that dark mysterious kinda look but also stand out a lil more lol

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 09-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

+1 for the tool comment! LOL! By the way, are the halos in your sig the 1 pieces you are selling?
Yes sir! They get some cool looks, I like them. The projectors also look miles better imo than the stock headlights. I like that little concentrated circle of light rather than the whole housing lit up.

what do u mean wrinkle coat?

also i was thinking... what about a gloss black? still give it that dark mysterious kinda look but also stand out a lil more lol
Wrinkle coat is a type of finish. They sell wrinkle coat paint at Napa, it just gives it some texture.

It looks a bit like cast iron, or a rough powdercoat.

Gloss black wouldn't stand out or pop like you want though. It would contrast with the grill, but not very much. It would just have a shiney spot in the center from 50 feet. You couldn't tell what the shiney thing was, but it would just look weird.
You could do gold or bronze. I've seen that done on a black car with good results.

Last edited by kayakman13; 09-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:42 PM
4th Gear

haha i got some of that textured rustoleum already... but i dont think i would like the way that turns out honestly lol

Quick Reply: what color audi rings should i do?