B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

What can i do to make my car faster? (not stock now)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Default What can i do to make my car faster? (not stock now)

ok well first thing is that i do not want to change my turbo beucae mine still has a ton of life on it. i have done a little checking around and really i dont know what i can do anymore. my mod list is at the bottom of the page. what can be done thats not too extreme to try and give me a little more HP? i was thinking of upgrading the injectors but will it make any diffrence becides the extra gass i will be using? any other things i can do? oh an i dont want to upgrade the intercooler at this time beucase i dont want to replace or cut up my bumper but might chance my mind in teh summer when i get my boat loads of heatsoak. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: What can i do to make my car faster? (not stock now)

intake mani, fmic, w/m injection, NOS, test pipe if legal in your area, diode mod, mbc, turbo timer, boost guage. if you have a smaller core you really won't have to do much cutting, just some trimming. some of those things won't really give you much hp but is good to have to monitor what your car is doing.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM

an fmic and a mbc with the diode would work for now.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 AM
5th Gear

he already has an apr chip, why would he need to do the diode mod?

intake mani wont do anything. water/meth and an mbc will let you get a bit more power. you could upgrade the smic instead of getting an fmic. tyrol sport carries a good one. and of course there's always NOS

Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

he already has an apr chip, why would he need to do the diode mod?you beat me you punk

intake mani wont do anything. water/meth again you beat me. you could upgrade the smic instead of getting an fmic. and of course there's always NOS and again
i am thinking when my car is paid off, either doinga bt and or nitrous...... depends on if my turbo is still good

part of the reason i will wait on the turbo is after this one is paid off i will be getting 2 2.7 cars.... one a6 and one s4 so i will need to save the cash for the turbo's for those cars

Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

he already has an apr chip, why would he need to do the diode mod?
didn't see that..opps my bad. so scratch the diode mod.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM

Get a high-flow exhaust manifold. Quicker turbo spooling times and better flow. Water/meth injection just allows for more advanced timings, perhaps you need to look into upgrading your turbo.

You're starting to venture into the area of "highly-modified stock application" versus "big *** turbo upgrade". There's only so many "little" upgrades you can do before you're out of things to do besides a BAT upgrade. I say you save up; do an exhaust manifold, cosmetics if needed, and then decide if you want to invest in a daily driver that will rip the doors off an M3.

If my memory serves me correctly, ATP is coming out with a GT28RS elim kit (!!!!!!!!!) in April. That'll be ******* epic. I'm too lazy to look on their website right now.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

Get a high-flow exhaust manifold. Quicker turbo spooling times and better flow. quicker spool with the k03? I'd be more focused on where it cuts out than getting a quicker spool. Water/meth injection just allows for more advanced timings, It also cools your IAT's. perhaps you need to look into upgrading your turbo.

You're starting to venture into the area of "highly-modified stock application" versus "big *** turbo upgrade". There's only so many "little" upgrades you can do before you're out of things to do besides a BAT upgrade. I say you save up; do an exhaust manifold, cosmetics if needed, and then decide if you want to invest in a daily driver that will rip the doors off an M3.

If my memory serves me correctly, ATP is coming out with a GT28RS elim kit (!!!!!!!!!) in April. That'll be ******* epic. Epicly stupid. GT28RS elim is the GTRS, so I don't even know what you mean. I've seen some AWFUL ATP stuff over on AZ so I'd avoid it anyways. Evolution Raceworks is coming out with an affordable GT2871R (non-elim) kit, and another shop that I can't remember the name is releasing a gt28rs (again, non-elim)kit soon that made 250awhp on the stock smic and exhaust. I'm too lazy to look on their website right now.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Slut

why would you get an aftermarket exhaust mani for your k03??? if you go BT, you'll just need to replace it again.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

why would you get an aftermarket exhaust mani for your k03??? if you go BT, you'll just need to replace it again.
Unless he goes gtrs or 2871 elim. also the 034 high flow mani is only like $200 iirc, so it's not too big of a price to pay for a quicker spool with those turbos.

Quick Reply: What can i do to make my car faster? (not stock now)