B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

What Brake Pads Is Everyone Using?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
gonna have to look into the Hawk HPS pads for my next change then......anyone running the A8 upgrade with these? Any difference between other pads you may have used prior? I have no issue with the pads I'm running now, but if it can be better with a little less dust.....

don't want to threadjack......
My brother (Tweaked), suggested and put the Hawk HPS on my car. He has the A8 rotor upgrade with TT carriers and also uses the Hawk HPS.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Yep, I'm running Hawk HPS with drilled/slotted A8 brakes. I bought them all at one time so I haven't tried other pads with them but I doubt I will. The combination is great and stops right-frigging-now when you hit the pedal. I'd recommend this setup to anybody.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear

Gentlemen thanks for the quick replies, that's all I needed to hear.....when the tulips pop, I'll be changing pads for some Hawk HPS. Along with all other spring maintenance.....too long a list.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear

Glad that I could help and for once AFers actually agree!

Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Tell me about it - my inspection is due by the end of May. I have a laundry list too - gotta do front CAs, rear pads and rotors plus one slider bolt, fuel sending unit, outer TREs, and adjust my ebrake cables to get the ebrake functional again. Then I need to find my next set of wheels, paint my roof black, pick up/paint/install my S4 bumper, dial in my rear coilovers, put in a short shifter, finish my suede interior...it never ends. Thankfully

Old 01-14-2010, 10:05 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Tell me about it - my inspection is due by the end of May. I have a laundry list too - gotta do front CAs, rear pads and rotors plus one slider bolt, fuel sending unit, outer TREs, and adjust my ebrake cables to get the ebrake functional again. Then I need to find my next set of wheels, paint my roof black, pick up/paint/install my S4 bumper, dial in my rear coilovers, put in a short shifter, finish my suede interior...it never ends. Thankfully
looks like we'll be doing some of the same work....although, I got all my front CA's done earlier this year (dear god please let them last....I will NOT do that job again!) wheels, tires, fuel filter, plugs, wires, brake lines, pads....I'm sure something else will pop up between now and then.......isn't that always the case???

Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

i ran hawks on previous cars. i need to go through my records and see what i have on there. i am hoping the rotors are still good. thanks for the insite everyone.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:01 AM

Nobody can recommend the correct pads for you without knowing your driving style... is it a easy DD? do you do hard canyon runs? auto-x? track days? spirited daily? the Hawk HPS pads are a good DD pad, but they're more auto-x and twisties oriented. I'd go with mintex red box pads for a spirited DD.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 AM
4th Gear

just curious OP... r u from stanislaus county? if so where at? im from hughson

Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
3rd Gear

ebc green stuff all the way!

Quick Reply: What Brake Pads Is Everyone Using?