B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

What is the best drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
3rd Gear

V-MAXX comes with a two year warranty by the way.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
1st Gear

The wheels on my A4 where my old RS4's in 18x8. As for those just looking to lower and raise ECS tuning has this.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...%20Coil%20Over

Now, read it carefully. You still need some Bilsteins and different springs. But this looks promising to folks. I don't see why it wouldn't work reliably.

Also as for being afraid that the perches will freeze, you should be for almost any brand. My wife Teins are froze, and my old H&R ultra lows were froze, even my buddies FK's froze. Look into Fk coilovers as well. they typically cost less and I like them better than Vmaxx.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Tifun
The wheels on my A4 where my old RS4's in 18x8. As for those just looking to lower and raise ECS tuning has this.

Wow, that's pretty cool!

This is a scary picture, though:

Old 02-19-2009, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tweaked

i wish i had an extra 3k laying around....i'd bag my A4 so quick!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by thepirate
i wish i had an extra 3k laying around....i'd bag my A4 so quick!
I second that. Kits can be had for about $2000, but it takes more than just a little knowledge to get it right. That pic is actually a photochop.

Here's what I would do if I got my hands on an S8. The music is ghey, but the ride is sweet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR4lLxiklY

Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tifun

Now, read it carefully. You still need some Bilsteins and different springs. But this looks promising to folks. I don't see why it wouldn't work reliably.

Also as for being afraid that the perches will freeze, you should be for almost any brand. My wife Teins are froze, and my old H&R ultra lows were froze, even my buddies FK's froze. Look into Fk coilovers as well. they typically cost less and I like them better than Vmaxx.
Thats like a nice medium in price between coilovers and springs....hmmmm does the coil system work only with Blisten?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

Hate to bump and old thread, but a lot of useful information in here some of the other newbies could use. (hey, I searched right?)

I'm coming out of a 2000 Chevy S10 which was bagged (on air) and laying frame on all 4 corners. And my A4 is completely too high. But I need to be able to get to work in the winter. I would rate my snow and harsh roads at medium to about a week of harsh snow in December/January. A lot of my time is spent on the interstate, but I have to go over a series of bumpy railroad tracks to get to work everyday. Lastly, I don't plan on tracking my car, but even if I do its more for fun and sport than serious competition.

Are the VMAXX's for me? And where can they be had for 600$ as listed above? Could I grease some of the coil over to prevent seizing?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by A4.Q
Hate to bump and old thread, but a lot of useful information in here some of the other newbies could use. (hey, I searched right?)

I'm coming out of a 2000 Chevy S10 which was bagged (on air) and laying frame on all 4 corners. And my A4 is completely too high. But I need to be able to get to work in the winter. I would rate my snow and harsh roads at medium to about a week of harsh snow in December/January. A lot of my time is spent on the interstate, but I have to go over a series of bumpy railroad tracks to get to work everyday. Lastly, I don't plan on tracking my car, but even if I do its more for fun and sport than serious competition.

Are the VMAXX's for me? And where can they be had for 600$ as listed above? Could I grease some of the coil over to prevent seizing?
I live in Indiana as well and I am running Vogtland Sports on mine. I don't even notice I am lowered in the snow w/ my setup and could manage lower. If you run 18's my setup can look a tiny bit high but it is extremely practical for a daily driver and there is no rubbing what so ever w/ a 235 tire. I bought them on www.purems.com and I am very satisfied w/ the results the car handles much better then stock but retains an oem feel over bumps. I would upgrade the shocks and put sway bars on w/ my setup if you ever track it though.

Alright pix

w/ 18's
Name:  rimssun.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  84.8 KB

19's
Name:  DSC00584.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  145.2 KB

Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Hm.. looks good especially the 19"s

My problem is I am going to running my stock A4 wheels for a while, the thick 5 spoke ones. The Vogtland springs wouldn't look too low on the stock wheels, it wouldn't get rid of the fender gap I need it to, or do you perhaps have pics on stock wheels?

Also to VMAXX users do you have pics slammed, and lifted? Please

EDIT: Glad to see another Hoosier, also I notice that you didn't put all your rims on in the 2nd pic, the last on is over in the corner.. lol.

Your car is sexy, btw!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
3rd Gear

I gots vmaxx

Quick Reply: What is the best drop?