B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

What is the best drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

This is less of me's B5,

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/alb...pictureid=2859

I think this rim combination and ride height is perfection. He has tien coilovers though, so a tad bit out of my price range.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM
3rd Gear

For now, if you simply want better handling, the best investment is Hotchkis H-Sport sways, front and rear, matched with PureMS rear metal endlinks. Lower it and add a nice set of wheels when you have the money later.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by pearlescent
This is less of me's B5,

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/alb...pictureid=2859

I think this rim combination and ride height is perfection. He has tien coilovers though, so a tad bit out of my price range.

teins aren't that bad and in all honesty if you are planning on spending ~800 on springs you might as well save up a bit more and spend 1K on a set of C/O, IMO because that is the only way to really fine tune the drop you want.

personally I love this drop on the B5

and then this one is H&R Sport springs on RS4 shock (Doc my your RS4 RIP those thieving b***ards)

another that I'm pretty sure is H&R race
Name:  audi-1.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  115.1 KB

just so you have an idea of how the drops look like, personally I'd save up and get something like this or if you are not looking for that large of a gain but want the adjustability of c/o ride height, look into Vmaxx.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
teins aren't that bad and in all honesty if you are planning on spending ~800 on springs you might as well save up a bit more and spend 1K on a set of C/O, IMO because that is the only way to really fine tune the drop you want.

personally I love this drop on the B5

and then this one is H&R Sport springs on RS4 shock (Doc my your RS4 RIP those thieving b***ards)

another that I'm pretty sure is H&R race

just so you have an idea of how the drops look like, personally I'd save up and get something like this or if you are not looking for that large of a gain but want the adjustability of c/o ride height, look into Vmaxx.
Those heights are really really nice, Im not sure if i would go quite that low, just to maintain the driveability....damn it maybe i should just get coil overs....but, my biggest annoyance with my suspension right now isn't the side to side body roll, its the front and rear back and fourth rock when i shift and brake, its like being on a ship in a storm....

Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by pearlescent
Those heights are really really nice, Im not sure if i would go quite that low, just to maintain the driveability....damn it maybe i should just get coil overs....but, my biggest annoyance with my suspension right now isn't the side to side body roll, its the front and rear back and fourth rock when i shift and brake, its like being on a ship in a storm....
H-Sport sways will really transform your ride.
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=587

You'll need the replacement rear sway bar links as well. The plastic ones will snap and stab the CV boot.
http://www.purems.com/products/products.php/CA=1470

Although, it won't affect pitch and squat under accel/decel as much as you'd like, it will definitely affect the rolly-polly feel of your ride. Buy the sways now, and save for the suspension you actually want instead of being unhappy with your purchase.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

I just bought H&R Race Springs and I just have a few questions. Assuming I am not skilled enough to install them myself, how much could I expect to have a place do it for me? Also, I feel like I am missing something to go with them... like the springs aren't enough. Is there anything else I need? I'll be running on the stock 16" wheels for a while, is that a big deal with the springs installed?

I am new to Audi, and new to modding. I'd like to learn stuff.

Last edited by SPhilli911; 02-16-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SPhilli911
I just bought H&R Race Springs and I just have a few questions. Assuming I am not skilled enough to install them myself, how much could I expect to have a place do it for me? Also, I feel like I am missing something to go with them... like the springs aren't enough. Is there anything else I need? I'll be running on the stock 16" wheels for a while, is that a big deal with the springs installed?

I am new to Audi, and new to modding. I'd like to learn stuff.

I don't know how much a shop will charge you but basically all you need are the srpings. What the shop will do is compress your old springs, put your new springs on your old shocks and then put your old shocks and new springs back in your car for you. Personally I'd get new performance shocks to go with your nice new springs too.

and the stock 16's won't be a problem with the springs installed

Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

here's mine with the H&R race on rs4 reps.....my springs are forsale too.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

Thank you CAB509! And what size rims are those Tifun? That is a gorgeous car.

I actually had second thoughts on the race springs and got sport instead. Race may be a bit too low for where I live. Then again, since both are on the way, I get to think about which to keep. :P

Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 PM
6th Gear

those should be 18's on Tifun's car

Quick Reply: What is the best drop?