B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Were is the #@$# is the MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Administrator

take the cover off of your airbox, take a picture, and post it. We'll see if we can find the thing for you

Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 AM
5th Gear

well first of all where do you think it should be. like wut should it be between in general? and ya get a few pix around the air box too

Old 11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by d4stir
I know this sounds like a stupid question but I can't locate my MAF... I know it is supposed to be located on the right side in front of the air filter housing? Do you have to access it from under the car?? (I have a 2001 A4 B5 1.8t)
Why do you need to find it?

It's integrated into the factory airbox. If you can find the air filter, you're getting warmer...

Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Legal Moderator

comin from another noob... take the cover off... take the evap purge valve out of its little holder (the thing with a couple hoses connected to it with an electrical connecter. make sure to have a couple hose clamps handy cause the ones attached already are one time use only). take off the heat shield. there is four screws holding it on (leave the bottom two off for easier access next time. those bottom two are a bitch) undo the four claps holding the top half of the filter box. then just work the top off. take of the outlet hose and the suction hose (i think its a suction hose?) its kinda a bitch but the top of the airbox will come off in a bit. the one wire sticking through the top of the airbox with a grommet on it is connected to the MAF. there is two phillips screws holding in the MAF assembly. if you work on small engines it looks like the opening of a carb. just take those two screws out and the whole assembly releases. unplug the electrical connection and that is the MAF assembly. if you want the MAF itself, youll need a couple tourqxe bits to take it out. seriously, if you have worked on cars before, its not that hard...