B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Water has never made me so depressed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Angry Water has never made me so depressed

apperently i have a water leak into my car i got in my car this morning and i could smell mold *sigh*

anyone know of common areas these cars leak??

bllaahh this is bullshit!!!1

Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

check the sunroof and your door panels

Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator

and the drain under the battery.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

I looked todday there is a little water like passenger side floor board more up closer to the glove box... Would that possibly be the plug under the battery???

And sorry my computer is stuck on billy mays mode.... Haha

Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

thats the airconditioning drain. same thing happened to me when i got my car.

you should immediately pull the carpet up, and soak up the standing water, and let it air dry for as long as possible. but to fix the problem, you need to go under the dash, and you will see a funnel like plastic piece, which is kind of a pain to work with, but you have to try and disconnect it from where it goes, i broke mine and it hasn't made a difference so don't worry it will still drain correctly. once you find the drain you should get a source of compressed air, and fire it both ways into the drain to get out anything that may be clogging it, run the A/C with everything hooked back up and see if you can see the water dripping under the car. if you can, mission success.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by twoeightquattro
thats the airconditioning drain. same thing happened to me when i got my car.

you should immediately pull the carpet up, and soak up the standing water, and let it air dry for as long as possible. but to fix the problem, you need to go under the dash, and you will see a funnel like plastic piece, which is kind of a pain to work with, but you have to try and disconnect it from where it goes, i broke mine and it hasn't made a difference so don't worry it will still drain correctly. once you find the drain you should get a source of compressed air, and fire it both ways into the drain to get out anything that may be clogging it, run the A/C with everything hooked back up and see if you can see the water dripping under the car. if you can, mission success.
SWEEET good stuff seems easy enough i was really worried i had like water leak or something, my car smelled like a moldy peanut butter and jelly sandwhich... lmao

Last edited by SICKB5; 01-08-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

haha yeah, hopefully its not too late! that padding under the carpet soaks up A LOT of water. so make sure you dry it out real good. and don't make the mistake i did haha. i took out my whole glove box/ trim trying to find where the damn drain. and have you ever had a bunch of water splash onto yours or a passengers feet while going in/out of a turn? thats from water building up past the pan that holds the water. girls don't like that much

but good luck!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
3rd Gear

Girls get wet in my car for different reasons.

>_>

Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

well played nick, well played.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

HAHAHAHA nice.. but i havent had the pleasure of ruining anyone shoes. but the first thing i did was soak up the water used a heat gun to make it evaporate and then used lots of fabreeze to get ride of the smell =] nahaha

but now i guess i need to clean that filter.. i normally dont use my ac or heat.. im a roll down the window and stunt kinda guy lolz.. but i have been having chickas and my buddies in my car and they are all sissy's and dont like the windows down while its 30 degrees outside =]=] haha i always have my windows down cold or hot .. unless its raining.

Quick Reply: Water has never made me so depressed