B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

water appears on driver side Audi rubber floor mat after car wash!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

I had the exact same problem. Take out your battery and you will see there is a drain plug located under there aswell as another one under the brake fluid reservoir. If those are clogged water can accumulate in that area and ends up seeping through the holes in the firewall for the wires. I unclogged mine and it fixed everything.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

could you please take a couple pics of the exact area,so that i know what to look for?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear

also too,if i disconnect the battery on my 2001 A4,will it make something go hay wire? do i have to have something reset? i have a aftermarket radio,so that doesn't need a code or anything.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Site Moderator

Just make sure that after you reconnect the battery, turn the key to ON but do not start. Let it sit without pressing the gas pedal for about a minute so the throtle body can adapt. You'll have to reset your date/time, and reset your one-touch windows up/down. To do this pull up on the window switch with the windows up.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
2nd Gear

ahhh,i see....thank you brotha still waiting on some pics,so i can pi point the area,that he is speaking about.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default water appears on driver side Audi rubber floor mat after car wash! (update)

I took out the battery and just underneath the battery holder thingie,there is a hole with a rubber boot,it was filled with leaves and other foliage,i removed the whole boot,there is another,just like it,to the right,i took out that rubber boot,which was filled with leaves.

I haven't got around to getting a car wash,to find out if this was the cause of the water,draining on my driver side floor but I'm pretty certain,that was the culprit.

Thanks for the tips guys,i wouldn't have know how to even look for the leak,much less,know how to fix it.

I'll update you guys,once i give her a bath/shower,she loves when i use bubbles

Last edited by morpheous; 07-26-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
I took out the battery and just underneath the battery holder thingie,there is a hole with a rubber boot,it was filled with leaves and other foliage,i removed the whole boot,there is another,just like it,to the right,i took out that rubber boot,which was filled with leaves.

I haven't got around to getting a car wash,to find out if this was the cause of the water,draining on my driver side floor but I'm pretty certain,that was the culprit.

Thanks for the tips guys,i wouldn't have know how to even look for the leak,much less,know how to fix it.

I'll update you guys,once i give her a bath/shower,she loves when i use bubbles
Yeah the pics were not necessary, and I wasnt going to remove my battery just to take a picture, lol... Anyways if the leak was coming from there that will most likely have fixed it, did the trick for me.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Same problem and how Audi Fixed it

The problem with mine actually laid UNDER the windshield cowl. The "T" bracket was torn and allowing water to run UNDER the lower black window trim piece. So, off we go to Audi with an insurance adjustor close behind. The "official cause of damage" was clogged drain plugs under the battery. Off the record, the lower windshield cowl was cracked which allowed water to flow in the fresh air box and then inside car.....For 68 bucks, order on from the dealership and replace it your self. Immediatlt op check it and pour water in the void are to insure the holes are not plugged.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default Update

Water still leaks on my driver side rubber Audi floor mat,it is coming from under the steering wheel.

while i was driving home last night from a night club,i felt air on my foot as i was wearing sandles,my air conditioning was off as i looked to make sure it wasn't,i unclogged both drain plugs under my battery and the other drain hold to the right of the one under the battery,its under the brake reservoir ,both was filled with leaves and other foliage.

I was told the take both rubber boots out of the drain holes,all together as to not have it happen again,so i took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled them both out and i thought i was good to go,wrong!

could anyone help me find the leak?

Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Was it wet or raining at the time? Never heard of water coming from the steering wheel, this should be interesting lol

Quick Reply: water appears on driver side Audi rubber floor mat after car wash!