B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

wantin to get some HID's

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
5th Gear

the 2 piece depos are very clean, i have seen them on a black and a silver car. you can barely notice the separation unless you're looking for it. plus, you can stick a bulb in the hole for the fog light in the headlight housing and possibly get insurance to get you a deduction for DRLs

Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
you can stick a bulb in the hole for the fog light in the headlight housing and possibly get insurance to get you a deduction for DRLs
what do you mean?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 PM
5th Gear

well if you look at the pic in the link you posted, there's a hole under the bulb for in the high beam. that's supposed to be for the fog lights in a prefacelift car.

insurance companies give discounts for daytime running lights so if you can find out if your insurance company will give you a deduction for running a light in that hole, you'll save about 4% a year which is better than not saving it lol

Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
well if you look at the pic in the link you posted, there's a hole under the bulb for in the high beam. that's supposed to be for the fog lights in a prefacelift car.

insurance companies give discounts for daytime running lights so if you can find out if your insurance company will give you a deduction for running a light in that hole, you'll save about 4% a year which is better than not saving it lol
aahhh!

ya learn somthin new every day, haha

Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

EPIC fail on the orange corners

Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PunchyTable
EPIC fail on the orange corners
i think its just an orange bulb....

i hope, lol

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM

I'm still waiting to see ANY cutoff pictures at all...I can't seem to find anything....

Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Administrator

the orange is just the bulb - there is none in the lens. I have pics of them in my album here. I don't have cutoff pics but I can say that the cutoff is sharp and well-defined and the beam pattern is very good.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 PM

would you mind getting some pictures of the cutoff? I don't care about any glamour shots, just something for reference please! I don't want to buy an hid kit only to end up with no cutoff and so much glare i'm blinding people. If you would, I would really appreciatte it. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Here ya go - sorry about the lower-quality pic though (iPhone pic, although usually they're a lot sharper than that). Don't mind the higher aim of the right-side light - I was messing with it earlier this evening and didn't have time to fully re-aim it. The driver's side is aimed perfectly though, and you can see the sharpness of the cutoff. And for anyone wondering about the color temperature, these are 6000k HIDs (hardly blue as some people say they are).