B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Waiting for snow....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Site Moderator

Not if you want to ship my tools too LOL. I used to bang out 1.8T clutches by myself (on a lift mind you) in about 4 hours. It's really not as bad as you think it is.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 AM
1st Gear

I would just like to say, heated seats FTW.

That is all.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by getinlost
I would just like to say, heated seats FTW.

That is all.
Yes! I cant wait until it starts snowing here in colorado and I get to use the seat warmers

Old 10-26-2010, 02:53 PM
4th Gear

A very wise and knowledgable member once told me that he uses quattro to "keep the shiney side up," not snow drifting. I think that applies here as well...

Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Yea it's all fun and games till you bust a rim or hit a dry spot <-- dry spots are the worst

Old 10-26-2010, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear

or hit a pole
or a curb
or...

Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
A very wise and knowledgable member once told me that he uses quattro to "keep the shiney side up," not snow drifting. I think that applies here as well...
I agree. I was once told that the purpose of four wheel drive was, "you go as far as you can in two wheel then, put it in four wheel turn around and get the heck out of there"

Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

I can speak personally for the "hit a curb"

sucked bad. first time driving on snow after I got the car. headed to work, about 5 am, about an inch on the roads. the wet slippery snow. car was handling beautifully. got overconfident. trying to make a turn onto a road with a median. started to understeer. me being used to FWD goosed the throttle to try to get the rear end to break loose and rotate around. unfortunately, car acted like RWD and went right into the curb on the median. an EXPENSIVE lesson.

next good snow, found a nice open parking lot and "learned".

Old 10-26-2010, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
I can speak personally for the "hit a curb"

sucked bad. first time driving on snow after I got the car. headed to work, about 5 am, about an inch on the roads. the wet slippery snow. car was handling beautifully. got overconfident. trying to make a turn onto a road with a median. started to understeer. me being used to FWD goosed the throttle to try to get the rear end to break loose and rotate around. unfortunately, car acted like RWD and went right into the curb on the median. an EXPENSIVE lesson.

next good snow, found a nice open parking lot and "learned".
same exact thing happened to me. on my way to school train was passing so i tried taking a side street was going to fast ans street hadnt been drivin on. car starts sliding i cant manage to do any thing slam into the curb with front left side tire bounce back. i was to scared i get out looked fine manage to get to school(still on time) the ext day went bought snow tires got it re alighned and its been fine since. super scary moment first time with my car in snow and had just learned to drive it (5sp) too

Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

We have snow here today. It's not going to stick to the streets though.

Quick Reply: Waiting for snow....