B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

VAG-COM Warez

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by morpheous
#1 The free version is useless,doesn't allow you to clear codes,unless its registered,plus the fact that the free version,doesn't work with 3rd party vag-com cables,purchased from ebay/china.
I spent $7 on my cable and have no problem clearing codes with VCDS Lite.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Actual WIZARD

I second LM. The vcds lite works fine with ebay cables, and if you can find it the Older vag com version 409.1, it works with ebay cales too. Any greater version of the VAG software (not vcds) wont work. Most ebay cables come with the drivers AND the 409.1 shareware

Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Keegan0103
******* dumbass. Id delete your account before the guy who MADE the software (and IS a member on this forum) finds this thread.

I vote ban him
haha,

you crack me up dude, unlike yourself I have a life and its not the end of the world for me if my audiforums account is deleted.

basically what Im trying to say is go **** yourself smuck.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ubdevoid
haha,

you crack me up dude, unlike yourself I have a life and its not the end of the world for me if my audiforums account is deleted.

basically what Im trying to say is go **** yourself smuck.
pure ownage *_*

Old 03-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Actual WIZARD

Aw im flattered. <3 This is why most contributing members rarely post anymore.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 AM
1st Gear
Red face

Originally Posted by morpheous
I can tell you from experience,that is comes down to software,i had 3 versions of vag-com software installed and only 1 version worked with my 3rd party vag-com cable i purchased from china off ebay.

So there is nothing wrong with the cable itself, the software has to be compatible with said vag-com cable.

I agree with what was said about some that only need a vag-com cable/software for simple tasks,not like a shop would. Not everyone can afford a 300.00 cable,along with 99.00 dollar software for a total of 400.00 and that's not even counting the cost of the actual repair that you need to have done,once your vag-com cable diagnoses your DTC!

I say,save that 400.00 for repairs and buy a 10.00 3rd party vag-com cable off ebay and the free software,we are all effected buy a recession these days.

Have some compassion and not be so quick to juge and request someone to be banned from audiforums,you don't know why this person can't afford to buy a ross-tech cable and the 99.00 legit software.

Just because you have a job and can afford it,does'nt mean everyone esle does have a job and can afford it.

original poster,did you get squared away with software yet?
nah, i cant find a version thats full and works with my cable yet.

...and your correct I can't afford the rosstech cable and licensed software. theres just a few codes that i want to clear and try and diagnose and diy a few complex problems with my audi.

dont know why some users on this forum took my financial circumstances with insult...but hey...nobody likes poor people right?.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 AM
1st Gear
Wink

Originally Posted by Keegan0103
Aw im flattered. <3 This is why most contributing members rarely post anymore.
If you notice on my original post I make no rude comments to anyone and if you track my post you will see I have always posted replies on this forum with respect and courtesy, In fact my reply to your very rude post was the only time i have ever typed the " f " word on any forum.

as I said...I dont mind if Im banned, but in my opinion your the one who should be banned.

No hard feelings.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by foxracing4500
meh I bought my audi for $1,500 because of a check engine light lol. On topic, seriously you shouldnt be requesting that stuff on this forum. I am sure if the FBI cared enough they would trace your IP address to your home address.
lol. dont live in the U.S dude. king Kong aint got **** on me.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lm0812
Thanks,

Im going to try VCDS lite. All I need to do is clear the codes. Thats it.

Last edited by ubdevoid; 03-22-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lm0812
Thanks,

Im going to try VCDS lite. All I need to do is clear the codes. Thats it.

Quick Reply: VAG-COM Warez