B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

The Unofficial B5 A4 Chatterbox

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:11 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

This has nothing to do with cars but, I just watched Dark Knight Rises....

Old 07-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Jones - ultimate sleeper would be an STI engine inside of a Forester. Too bad we don't get those from the dealership here.

How was Dark Knights? I haven't seen it.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

See for yourself. Its good to watch the first 2 movies though. That's all I'll say

Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation no start after timing belt and can not read ecm

can anyone help me 2000 a6 2.7t timing belt shredded water pump broke replaced them knew timing was out reset timing and still no start i smell fuel after few cranks so dont think it getting fire also have genesis scanner will not connect to car no matter what scanner i use before the belt issue car was running fine but still count not connect to ecm i pulled the carpet ecm's are dry

Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Jones - ultimate sleeper would be an STI engine inside of a Forester. Too bad we don't get those from the dealership here.

How was Dark Knights? I haven't seen it.
its been done and its not that big of a deal to do. the forester came 2.5xt all thats needed is swapping the sit related turbo bits on and you have a sit. That was my initial jump into subi tho, i bought an A4 because it was impossible to find a 2.5xt forester.

Building Your Own Subaru Forester STI - Modified Magazine

plus how cool would it bee to hear people complain you just put a smaller 2L engine in a car that originally had a 2.5. Their first words would be should of bought a STI. Then you then them for a ride and show them the smooth *** throttle and the face raping boost all the way through the 8500 red line and they forget all about the STI

Old 07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

WOW ECStuning really....

Should I feel insulted that the guy offered me "I'll give you $20 credit for future purchases, take it or leave it"?

After I paid $108 for shipping and I still havent received all my parts. He wasnt even planning on giving me credits until I brought it up. Poor customer retention program.

It probably does not apply to most of you, but their shipping cost to Canada are outrageous. I placed this order since July 3!!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

Flew my little airplane up to Oshkosh WI (EAA AirVenture) and camped on the field for most of last week. The first day back at work today after vacation's over really was a bummer.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by vgo
WOW ECStuning really....

Should I feel insulted that the guy offered me "I'll give you $20 credit for future purchases, take it or leave it"?

After I paid $108 for shipping and I still havent received all my parts. He wasnt even planning on giving me credits until I brought it up. Poor customer retention program.

It probably does not apply to most of you, but their shipping cost to Canada are outrageous. I placed this order since July 3!!!!
for reasons like this. I avoid ECS

You still waiting on hardware? STILL i would call and raise hell and tell them to fix this. Multiple times, they will soon realize its easier to give you 30 bucks worth of bolts. If you tell a place your going to call back every single day until you get your bolts they tend to not want to deal with that.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 AM

DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL

A - I still can not log in and stay logged in. its only on my mac which is my main computer. pc stays logged on, running vm fusion on my mac and going to log in and see if it holds.

B - HAve any stock 300z parts left in your arsenal. I got a friend who has no brain and needs our help. He had 20 garret 60s on it and blew up 3 engines and now is just running stock but yet kept the giant 770 injectors and its rich as **** barely running and smoking like a BBQ. ALso has massive Tial BOVS. Embarrassing, trying to get it back to stock so it doesn't embrass us

Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

I received the new hardware kit yesterday. And there was a tracking number, after all the times I've asked them for one. Poor customer service. The shipping was 2-6 days, I received it on the 8th day. Poor coummunication with their customer service and bad attitude.

I shoulda done what everyone else did. Bought it off FCP.

Quick Reply: The Unofficial B5 A4 Chatterbox