B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

The Unofficial B5 A4 Chatterbox

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Drunk, I've been married 12 years, I've had the car for 8 months. She also hates how much time I spend with my baby, but at the same time, she was the one who convinced me to keep it. I was planning on selling it before I left. I think she understands... This weekend, I've fixing the epic failure on my caliper rebuilds by replacing them completely. It was her who convinced me to just go buy the damn things.

So, when I tell her, I already have the injectors, the FMIC, ect. now all I need is the 3000 dollar turbo kit, she might just say OK... haha!

And, that racing car seat it SICK! If my youngest wasn't about to move up to a booster, I would love one of them... haha!
They get over it. Mine hated the fact that I spent so much time and money on my car, but then if I didn't do it on the car I would have found something else to spend my money/time on and most likely it would have got me in more trouble then the car. Most likely that is why yours keeps telling you to do things for the car.

You could always tell her you can spend some money on the car or buy a new one that will cost you even more in the long run. lol

I have been constantly modding my car for almost 10 years now, I had a chip for it by the time the car was picked up from the dealership in April 2000 and making 400whp before the Lease was over.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 10-30-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Administrator

So what did you guys do to your car last weekend?

I've been debating for a new set of wheels I can mess with. Perhaps a set of old school BBS RS's with crazy bolts and some flashy spokes. Hmm...

Old 11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
3rd Gear

do it! I just saw that girl with the white eos on pink super rs's is selling her wheels, you should buy them
last weekend I washed my car and seafoamed it again.. we should have a what did you do to your b5 lately thread.
someone should sell me a cheap set of wheels with tires that will pass inspection..

Old 11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
4th Gear

I replaced my rear calipers. I love my promotion and my wife working! I replaced the calipers, paid all my bills, and I STILL have money left!

Better yet, my wife starts a new job tomorrow paying an extra 2 bucks an hour to start, and when I deploy in a couple weeks... boo yeah, more cash. See my sig? I'll make that goal if it kills me!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by aledelic42
do it! I just saw that girl with the white eos on pink super rs's is selling her wheels, you should buy them
last weekend I washed my car and seafoamed it again.. we should have a what did you do to your b5 lately thread.
someone should sell me a cheap set of wheels with tires that will pass inspection..
I'm definitely thinking about it! I saw that ad on Vortex too. I don't think I wanna pay over 3 grand for them and then having to dump more money repainting them since pink isn't the color I'm going for. I'm thinking somewhere along lime green or turquoise.

What do you mean wheels that'll pass inspection? They inspect your wheels?

bradtyler - Congrats on the promotion buddy! Looking forward to seeing that 300+ daily!

Last edited by kriptonik; 02-20-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
4th Gear

Hey, thanks. I've been doing a lot of PMing with Mike, and he has definately pointed me in the right direction...

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

pink rs's ftw! they don't inspect the wheels, my tires won't pass though because they have chunks out of them from scraping and inner wear.. I figure the cheapest way to pass would be get a cheap set of used wheels with tires on them unless I can find somebody to lend me some..

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Administrator

bradtyler - Mike definitely knows his stuff! How big are you going? GT35?

aldelic - That's crazy. Never knew they actually inspect tires and wheels. They don't do that in California. I'd totally lend you a set (as I have my stockers and 19's) but you're way too far. Ask someone you know to lend you some spare wheels just for the inspection.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

Lets see, last weekend I... got down and dirty in some gravel/mud lots, practiced my 180 degree handbrake maneuver, drove a ton and neglected to wash her off. lol, my girlfriend would be so proud of that last one I unfortuantly woke up sick today, flu symptoms. No H1N1 here I hope haha. So my day has been dominated by crackers, Nitro Circus re-runs and the internet. Trying to force myself to do some school work.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator

^ Get well soon buddy!

Tryina decide if I wanna go out and cycle right now. Anyone here rides fixie or street?

Quick Reply: The Unofficial B5 A4 Chatterbox